TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model X tyre size

Discussion in 'Model X' started by LouHP, Feb 21, 2017.

1. LouHP

LouHP New Member

Hi all. I have a question about the Model X tyres. I see on the spec sheet they have both 265 and 275 tyres on as standard. Is there any reason why I couldn't fit 275 tyres on all four corners?

Thanks in advance

Lou

2. dark

dark Member

The front wheel is 20x9 with 265 tyres, rear wheel is 20x9.5 with 275 tyres.

Not sure if you can fit 275 tyres for the front, you might have rubbing issue.

3. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

The tires are sized differently for extreme handling issues. Tesla apparently thinks some understeer is better than oversteer.

4. rainforest

rainforest Member

It's "TIRE"......

haha

5. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Not in the UK!

Let me ask you how you spell color? I bet you use a "u" don't you, eh? :rolleyes::p;)

6. zackmilo

zackmilo No chrome for me!

My tire was accidentally put on wrong on the front. This caused an extremely loud and disturbing metal on metal sound and they had to replace so many parts. It was in the SC for 6 days and it cost $800. Not at my expense though.

7. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Yikes! Any idea what exactly was wrong?

And by tire, do you mean wheel?

8. zackmilo

zackmilo No chrome for me!

Yes, For some reason my back wheel was placed on the front and front wheel on the back. Not fun.

9. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Having just been on a 4.5 month world holiday, travelling through 15 European and North American countries, spelling is just one of the differences.

Why do we describe the wheel/rim in imperial then describe the tyre in metric. eg a 265 millimeter wide tye on a 9 inch wide rim.

In some countries fuel is measured in 1000's of a gallon, miles are given in tenths, the money is metric but weight/volume is imperial. GPS is natively metric. It is the 21st Century

Base 10 metric all the way ;)

I would prefer the same size tyre on all four corners as I like to rotate every 10000 kilometers

• Like x 1
  10. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Just drove up HWY 4 to Angles Camp, CA in dry afternoon conditions, being safe, using standard 20" setup. Don't mess with it.

How the car rides and is configured, is not matched by any. There were tail-gate pokes behind me who now know it.