TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X UK deliveries in 2016

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Dan43, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Really enjoying the threads showing new Model X arriving, some Founders and Bonnies 00002 Sig#2.

Be great to see who in the UK from the early adopters and deposit/reservation holders gets started first with their deliveries and the dates they begin.

Quite keen on this seeing as the UK grant has been extended to 2018.

2. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Just reading that a Model X order placed in Sweden is being told its an 18 month wait for delivery.

Is that would new UK Model X orders placed today would expect also?

Has any UK original orders been given any completion or delivery dates as yet?

Curious to see how long a RHD version arrives by, with EU building capabilities now online, or are they?

3. Dan43

Dan43 Member

4. robin_

robin_ Member

I put a deposit on a Sig X in June 2014 and was told I was #6 in the UK at that point. Latest unofficial ETA I have been given is September 2016.

5. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Thanks Robin,

It would appear that August/September for RHD Model X, with a 2 year back log on deposits (or those who take them up).

If a deposit was placed today I wonder how far behind you would be, if it was November 2016 that would be a bit of a killer for the longer waits from earlier deposits.

My feeling is new orders placed today would be doing good to see a delivery by Jan 2017, about 1 year + from now.

Waiting for the 70D official UK pricing before deciding, on the threads they do look a good car.

6. robin_

robin_ Member

I suspect based on the S that other orders will follow pretty quickly but it's still nice to get a deposit in early!

I think I'm expecting pricing to be £5 - £10k more than the equivalent S.

7. Dan43

Dan43 Member

I suspect you are right here, in a previous thread we looked at possible UK pricing and came to similar conclusions.

Also the UK Govt has extended the EV Grant until 2018, with some new catches mind.

Liking the MX on the threads in the main forum, keen to see UK RHD models later this year to see how they measure up to our driving conditions, mileage ranges and so forth.

HNY to all, hope 2016 further extends the EV take up in the UK.

8. mkaiser1

mkaiser1 Member

We just ordered ours today so I'll let you know the delivery estimate as soon as I know. Given that it says online that deliveries will be in second half of 2016 and that robin_ says his June order had an eta of September, I suspect no X's will hit our shores until September and orders are low so far in the UK (IE Somewhere near 100 at best).

9. robin_

robin_ Member

Mine was June *2014* if that matters for your analysis.

10. Amanmahal

Amanmahal Member

Hi Robin, I'd be interested to see how you get on with the Model X. I'm quite interested in trading in my S for an X in 2017, but one thing flagged by others in the Facebook Owners Group is just how big the thing is; it's bigger than a Range Rover Vogue in terms of length and width. The width in particular is slightly troubling... Have you done much thinking about the size of the thing? Would be useful to hear your thoughts.

11. robin_

robin_ Member

I'm not overly concerned... I think it's only marginally bigger than the S.

12. mike77cos

mike77cos Member

Have any been delivered in the UK yet?

13. robin_

robin_ Member

No.

I have a VIN, but still in the production queue.

• Like x 1
  14. archiveking

archiveking Member

@robin_ lucky you. When did you get your order confirmed ? Mine was July 8 16 and nowt yet. I think there are about 6 confirmed UK VINS unless you know better....

15. robin_

robin_ Member

25th June

16. cookielovers

cookielovers Member

I guess we are all checking my tesla every day it does sound like the P100D are first in line, I was surprised that people in japan and Australia getting VINS as I thought they couldn't order until several months after the UK. If anyone else has received a vin it would be great to hear it?

17. archiveking

archiveking Member

Not so @cookielovers - most of the VINS issued so far are for "ordinary" 90's - no sign of any Signatures. Maybe the owners of those rare beasts do not frequent these dark halls....

18. Haggis

Haggis New Member

We have been issued with a VIN for our 'ordinary 90' Model X. 7 seat configuration, but no ludicrous mode etc. VIN was issued 6 October, delivery estimated for late December - January 2017.

19. archiveking

archiveking Member

@Haggis when did they confirm your order ?

20. doublebo7

doublebo7 Member

I don't have a VIN as yet for my 90D
    Placed reservation in Jan 2015
    Confirmed Jume 25th 2016