Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X UK deliveries in 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really enjoying the threads showing new Model X arriving, some Founders and Bonnies 00002 Sig#2.

Be great to see who in the UK from the early adopters and deposit/reservation holders gets started first with their deliveries and the dates they begin.

Quite keen on this seeing as the UK grant has been extended to 2018.

Just reading that a Model X order placed in Sweden is being told its an 18 month wait for delivery.

Is that would new UK Model X orders placed today would expect also?

Has any UK original orders been given any completion or delivery dates as yet?

Curious to see how long a RHD version arrives by, with EU building capabilities now online, or are they?

Really enjoying the threads showing new Model X arriving, some Founders and Bonnies 00002 Sig#2.

Be great to see who in the UK from the early adopters and deposit/reservation holders gets started first with their deliveries and the dates they begin.

Quite keen on this seeing as the UK grant has been extended to 2018.

I put a deposit on a Sig X in June 2014 and was told I was #6 in the UK at that point. Latest unofficial ETA I have been given is September 2016.

Thanks Robin,

It would appear that August/September for RHD Model X, with a 2 year back log on deposits (or those who take them up).

If a deposit was placed today I wonder how far behind you would be, if it was November 2016 that would be a bit of a killer for the longer waits from earlier deposits.

My feeling is new orders placed today would be doing good to see a delivery by Jan 2017, about 1 year + from now.

Waiting for the 70D official UK pricing before deciding, on the threads they do look a good car.

Thanks Robin,

It would appear that August/September for RHD Model X, with a 2 year back log on deposits (or those who take them up).

If a deposit was placed today I wonder how far behind you would be, if it was November 2016 that would be a bit of a killer for the longer waits from earlier deposits.

My feeling is new orders placed today would be doing good to see a delivery by Jan 2017, about 1 year + from now.

Waiting for the 70D official UK pricing before deciding, on the threads they do look a good car.

I suspect based on the S that other orders will follow pretty quickly but it's still nice to get a deposit in early!

I think I'm expecting pricing to be £5 - £10k more than the equivalent S.

I suspect you are right here, in a previous thread we looked at possible UK pricing and came to similar conclusions.

Also the UK Govt has extended the EV Grant until 2018, with some new catches mind.

Liking the MX on the threads in the main forum, keen to see UK RHD models later this year to see how they measure up to our driving conditions, mileage ranges and so forth.

HNY to all, hope 2016 further extends the EV take up in the UK.

We just ordered ours today so I'll let you know the delivery estimate as soon as I know. Given that it says online that deliveries will be in second half of 2016 and that robin_ says his June order had an eta of September, I suspect no X's will hit our shores until September and orders are low so far in the UK (IE Somewhere near 100 at best).

We just ordered ours today so I'll let you know the delivery estimate as soon as I know. Given that it says online that deliveries will be in second half of 2016 and that robin_ says his June order had an eta of September, I suspect no X's will hit our shores until September and orders are low so far in the UK (IE Somewhere near 100 at best).

Mine was June *2014* if that matters for your analysis.

I put a deposit on a Sig X in June 2014 and was told I was #6 in the UK at that point. Latest unofficial ETA I have been given is September 2016.

Hi Robin, I'd be interested to see how you get on with the Model X. I'm quite interested in trading in my S for an X in 2017, but one thing flagged by others in the Facebook Owners Group is just how big the thing is; it's bigger than a Range Rover Vogue in terms of length and width. The width in particular is slightly troubling... Have you done much thinking about the size of the thing? Would be useful to hear your thoughts.

Hi Robin, I'd be interested to see how you get on with the Model X. I'm quite interested in trading in my S for an X in 2017, but one thing flagged by others in the Facebook Owners Group is just how big the thing is; it's bigger than a Range Rover Vogue in terms of length and width. The width in particular is slightly troubling... Have you done much thinking about the size of the thing? Would be useful to hear your thoughts.

I'm not overly concerned... I think it's only marginally bigger than the S.

I guess we are all checking my tesla every day it does sound like the P100D are first in line, I was surprised that people in japan and Australia getting VINS as I thought they couldn't order until several months after the UK. If anyone else has received a vin it would be great to hear it?