Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X UK deliveries in 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyway, must go and check My Tesla in case it's been updated in the time it's taken to post this

So true!

The OCD'ness gets quite bad - from ordering to just after production I maybe checked MyTesla 4x a day - picking up the car on Tuesday has resulted me in reloading that page at least once a hour (I unlocked the 'all tickmarks in the 'todo' list just this hour!) :)

@slammer - great to hear that you are nearly over the finishing line. How long has it taken from the "in transit" message. And don't kid me that you didn't note when that was....

Thanks archiveking!

All changes/updates I had throughout so far below - reminder however this is for a MS not a MX, so apologies for any confusion - although I assume the post-production timeline will be the same for MX,
  • 07/12/2016 Registration done
  • 06/12/2016 Final Invoice
  • 22/11/2016 DS: 12/12 Pickup date confirmed
  • 03/11/2016 DS: On a boat to Tilburg, expect delivery w/o 12th or 19th dec
  • 13/10/2016 DS/MyTesla: Transit from factory
  • 05/10/2016 DS/MyTesla: In production
  • 30/09/2016 MyTesla: Late November,December
  • 27/09/2016 MyTesla: December Early Jan
  • 25/09/2016 MyTesla: Late November,December
  • 24/09/2016 Had to test drive again
  • 23/09/2016 MyTesla: Late December-early January
  • 22/09/2016 MyTesla: March to early April 2017
  • 20/09/2016 MyTesla: Vin assigned
  • 20/09/2016 Me/MyTesla: Order confirmed
  • 15/09/2016 Paid deposit, November delivery claims site

Thanks archiveking!

All changes/updates I had throughout so far below - reminder however this is for a MS not a MX, so apologies for any confusion - although I assume the post-production timeline will be the same for MX,
  • 07/12/2016 Registration done
  • 06/12/2016 Final Invoice
  • 22/11/2016 DS: 12/12 Pickup date confirmed
  • 03/11/2016 DS: On a boat to Tilburg, expect delivery w/o 12th or 19th dec
  • 13/10/2016 DS/MyTesla: Transit from factory
  • 05/10/2016 DS/MyTesla: In production
  • 30/09/2016 MyTesla: Late November,December
  • 27/09/2016 MyTesla: December Early Jan
  • 25/09/2016 MyTesla: Late November,December
  • 24/09/2016 Had to test drive again
  • 23/09/2016 MyTesla: Late December-early January
  • 22/09/2016 MyTesla: March to early April 2017
  • 20/09/2016 MyTesla: Vin assigned
  • 20/09/2016 Me/MyTesla: Order confirmed
  • 15/09/2016 Paid deposit, November delivery claims site

Great to hear you are picking up next week. Where from? In fairness from button push to delivery is 3 months and given the start of the journey is California that's not bad really. I'm gnashing teeth as 5 weeks in I'm still sitting in the queue, whereas you went into production inside 3 weeks. Your delivery is also "only" 12 days outside the initial delivery window of November (although you must have had a fit when it went out to March/April 2 days after VIN confirmed!).

If you are PCP'ing, did the finance agreement match the quote you received on approval? I've heard of mistakes where the residuals have changed in between times leading to incorrect loan agreements being produced.

Obviously pics are required next week, and head bowed in shame at my lack of patience compared to the MX folk.

Great to hear you are picking up next week. Where from? In fairness from button push to delivery is 3 months and given the start of the journey is California that's not bad really. I'm gnashing teeth as 5 weeks in I'm still sitting in the queue, whereas you went into production inside 3 weeks. Your delivery is also "only" 12 days outside the initial delivery window of November (although you must have had a fit when it went out to March/April 2 days after VIN confirmed!).

If you are PCP'ing, did the finance agreement match the quote you received on approval? I've heard of mistakes where the residuals have changed in between times leading to incorrect loan agreements being produced.

Obviously pics are required next week, and head bowed in shame at my lack of patience compared to the MX folk.

Thanks DJP31 :)

I am collecting from Gatwick - said bye to my Mercedes E-class last week too! Totally agree - 3 months in theory is not bad at all - as for the timelines though, don't bet on MyTesla, it shifts all the time as you can see!

As for PCP - I'm using the tesla-Alpera-lot, the final invoice is of the total car / full amount and does not reference your agreed deposit for the PCP itself (other than the initial £2k for the initial order confirmation). My DS just gave a note with it so say obviously it is the agreed on deposit amount minus the £2k I already paid. I've asked some weeks ago and apparently I'll only see the final PCP paperwork on the day - I will indeed look at it closely for the same reasons you mentioned - and for the fact that my referral amount got applied after the confirmation period (which was my mistake).

Sure for pics :) - hang in there!!!

KT once again another member made me laugh. I am sorry didn't mean to be sexist just thought our passion/obsession wasn't entirely shared by the fairer sex. To return the favour I will recount a little tale.

I took the whole family up to Tesla in Weybridge at the end of July to see the Model X, we had taken a test drive of the S for my birthday back in February which we all loved. My wife was appalled at the price but did love the car but the lack of a tow bar prevented us taking the matter further. I said I would have to see the X before making any further decision. It was a Saturday morning appointment and on arrival we found we had the place too ourselves and all the salesman attention. To my delight the car they had was in the 6 seat configuration (left hand drive), with black leather. I immediately loved it, especially having seen the 7 seat at Goodwood Festival of Speed and not liking it as much. We all ended up spending time with different sales guys and before I new it she had specked the whole car out and had a cost, even discussed trade in. Clearly a lets just check it out had moved on to permission might be granted which was a real shock for me. I guess she was sick of me going on about Tesla's and could see it ticked all the boxes.

This is the bit you will all love so I am on one side of the show room and she is on the other we are both with our salesman and she turns to me and mouths if I let you have this car I am definitely having that puppy I want and your going to love it right!!!! Oh my god she had me by the 'short and curlies'.

Justlike me with the tesla she had been going on for ages about a puppies and I had been holding off. But she had me and she knew it!!! how could I turn down the chance of the car of my dreams. In a split second my eyes bulged, palms grew sweaty and my brain suddenly computed that the Tesla could be mine :) and not just mine but with the full blessing so we can all enjoy it . What a day!!! there and then we ordered it that day.:):):):):)

So here is the the Rub and listen out Tesla, from the moment we left the show room my girls were on the puppy case like flies on a poo and within 3 days I was sitting in the lounge of the breeder face to face with 2 puppies the last of a litter. The girls immediately took a shine to the boy and the little girl must have censed this, so she boldly approached me and swooned all over me and just like in the show room once again she had me. I found the words coming out of my mouth "It would be a shame to split them apart they seem so happy together" .... Now it was my wife's eyes bulging, palms growing sweaty and my her brain suddenly computed that both puppies could be hers :) but with my full blessing. Why oh why did I not ask the lady the price of the dogs I mean I am so old I actually thought a dog was either free or cost £50 I was soon given a rude awakening but it was too late the deal was done and the girls went mental.

Driving home I consoled myself that everyone was happy and it was like Christmas day as a kid. Well it was for them within 2 days they had the pups and were in heaven. Sympathy for old dad soon went out the window as I started the long wait, followed by more waiting for my Tesla. Initially it was fine and allowed me the chance to read and view everything out there on the X and Tesla checking every day My Tesla and the forums desperate for news. Comments like oh your not on the forums again, Tesla fatigue has definitely kicked in mean while the dog's get more attention than me !!!! Oh well I will have to console myself with the main benefit they bring is the opportunity to take then for a walk on my own and listen unencumbered to the latest Talking Tesla podcast or Ride the Lightning what can I say I'm addicted:):):):):)

Well it's not good news today I have a confirmation from my DS that my construction date is now moved to after xmas and that's not definite. I was also led to believe that all UK builds had been delayed. Grrrrr it's so frustrating. It's looking more and more like march deliveries.

Took a test drive on Thursday in the RHD MX (to see if it would fit in my garage- planning permission form now underway!!!) and was speaking with sales guy re deliveries. Mines due March, and he's was fairly liberal but stated thinks big batch of em all going to arrive for March delivery. Biggest problem he sees is their SC getting em commissioned and handing over..

Well it's not good news today I have a confirmation from my DS that my construction date is now moved to after xmas and that's not definite. I was also led to believe that all UK builds had been delayed. Grrrrr it's so frustrating. It's looking more and more like march deliveries.

Mine's an S and I was also told yesterday that RHD chucked off the production line by US orders that can no doubt be fulfilled before end of the month. Not quite those words obviously. Typical Tesla I'm afraid. New proposed build date for me 9th Jan. Getting too close to making end of March a struggle for my liking.

Made worse by the glitch this morning that's telling everyone their car has arrived at Tilburg!

KT once again another member made me laugh. I am sorry didn't mean to be sexist just thought our passion/obsession wasn't entirely shared by the fairer sex. To return the favour I will recount a little tale.

I took the whole family up to Tesla in Weybridge at the end of July to see the Model X, we had taken a test drive of the S for my birthday back in February which we all loved. My wife was appalled at the price but did love the car but the lack of a tow bar prevented us taking the matter further. I said I would have to see the X before making any further decision. It was a Saturday morning appointment and on arrival we found we had the place too ourselves and all the salesman attention. To my delight the car they had was in the 6 seat configuration (left hand drive), with black leather. I immediately loved it, especially having seen the 7 seat at Goodwood Festival of Speed and not liking it as much. We all ended up spending time with different sales guys and before I new it she had specked the whole car out and had a cost, even discussed trade in. Clearly a lets just check it out had moved on to permission might be granted which was a real shock for me. I guess she was sick of me going on about Tesla's and could see it ticked all the boxes.

This is the bit you will all love so I am on one side of the show room and she is on the other we are both with our salesman and she turns to me and mouths if I let you have this car I am definitely having that puppy I want and your going to love it right!!!! Oh my god she had me by the 'short and curlies'.

Justlike me with the tesla she had been going on for ages about a puppies and I had been holding off. But she had me and she knew it!!! how could I turn down the chance of the car of my dreams. In a split second my eyes bulged, palms grew sweaty and my brain suddenly computed that the Tesla could be mine :) and not just mine but with the full blessing so we can all enjoy it . What a day!!! there and then we ordered it that day.:):):):):)

So here is the the Rub and listen out Tesla, from the moment we left the show room my girls were on the puppy case like flies on a poo and within 3 days I was sitting in the lounge of the breeder face to face with 2 puppies the last of a litter. The girls immediately took a shine to the boy and the little girl must have censed this, so she boldly approached me and swooned all over me and just like in the show room once again she had me. I found the words coming out of my mouth "It would be a shame to split them apart they seem so happy together" .... Now it was my wife's eyes bulging, palms growing sweaty and my her brain suddenly computed that both puppies could be hers :) but with my full blessing. Why oh why did I not ask the lady the price of the dogs I mean I am so old I actually thought a dog was either free or cost £50 I was soon given a rude awakening but it was too late the deal was done and the girls went mental.

Driving home I consoled myself that everyone was happy and it was like Christmas day as a kid. Well it was for them within 2 days they had the pups and were in heaven. Sympathy for old dad soon went out the window as I started the long wait, followed by more waiting for my Tesla. Initially it was fine and allowed me the chance to read and view everything out there on the X and Tesla checking every day My Tesla and the forums desperate for news. Comments like oh your not on the forums again, Tesla fatigue has definitely kicked in mean while the dog's get more attention than me !!!! Oh well I will have to console myself with the main benefit they bring is the opportunity to take then for a walk on my own and listen unencumbered to the latest Talking Tesla podcast or Ride the Lightning what can I say I'm addicted:):):):):)
How Bizarre, I have a similar story! We are collecting "Maisey" cocker spaniel puppy on New Year's Day....!!

What on earth is going on with my tesla mine changed to
  • Estimated Delivery Range: May, 2017 - Early June, 2017
Then it says

What's Next?
Your Tesla has arrived at the Tilburg Factory in the Netherlands for final assembly. Your Tesla will soon be in transit to your delivery location. Learn about your Tesla. View walkthrough videos.

None of this makes sense my Ds said on Friday it was now scheduled for Boxing Day manufacturering which I posted yesterday but I was led to believe delivery end of Feb beginning march. I once again reminded them that I required delivery before the VED change at beginning of April hence the order in July. If other cars are delivered and we don't get ours I will be extremely annoyed.

What on earth is going on with my tesla mine changed to
  • Estimated Delivery Range: May, 2017 - Early June, 2017
Then it says

What's Next?
Your Tesla has arrived at the Tilburg Factory in the Netherlands for final assembly. Your Tesla will soon be in transit to your delivery location. Learn about your Tesla. View walkthrough videos.

None of this makes sense my Ds said on Friday it was now scheduled for Boxing Day manufacturering which I posted yesterday but I was led to believe delivery end of Feb beginning march. I once again reminded them that I required delivery before the VED change at beginning of April hence the order in July. If other cars are delivered and we don't get ours I will be extremely annoyed.

Just about everybody has had their My Tesla status changed to "arrived at Tilburg". This includes people who haven't even had a VIN issued yet! My DS has tried to put a brave face on it, but it's obviously very embarrassing and caused a great deal of hopeful anticipation which has been dashed.

Hopefully they will correct the error pdq and we can revert back to what we have been led to believe is accurate (ish) info.

Ha ha. After all these posts looked at my tesla and My car has also arrived at Tilburg yipeeeee . Was advised last week that it goes into the factory for production in 26th December... Think of Neil send my DS an email and ask when I can expect it