Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X UK deliveries in 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DS has admitted she does not know any more than whats on Mytesla.
I was hoping to see what way others were dealing with this issue, before going back to DS with a proposal.
I heard they can register a car when landed in NL, or possibly when on ship, but my DS cannot say when that will be, so this is more about getting the principle agreed with them about who pays- one of us will have to!

Someone on the Facebook group has, apparently, been told by their DS that the car can be registered if it has been paid for, and thus avoid the VED. There didn't seem to be any jurisdiction limit which suggests it doesn't matter where it is.

How accurate this is I don't know, and luckily my S will be here before the end of March so I'm not going to pursue it. Presumably it can't be too difficult to find out from the authorities, exactly what is required to register a car? I can't believe Tesla haven't nailed this already. Or maybe I can.

Nice one GG, I'm excited so god only knows how you must be feeling with delivery imminent.....??

Thanks for the link will check it out

My Tesla has been delivered!!!!. Just getting it detailed before picking up. "MY TESLA" still says "Your car has reached Tilburg?" Don't rely on My tesla for accurate dates. My car went into production 31st OCT 2016. It was due for delivery 28th Dec 2016 but I had to delay it to 7/01/17. There is currently a delay in Tilburg and my MX arrived 17/01/17. :) The car arrived in good condition just 1 minor issue on front bumper that will be resolved by Tesla.

narrow roads or cars parked each side is a real worry

Hadn't really thought about it, but maybe relevant: when driving close to objects - e.g. parking - the dash shows sensor feedback as coloured zoned, red when very close, including the number of inches from the obstruction. Its not hard to position the car accurately. That said, I clunked the wing mirror against a bin the other day when pulling over to let a car pass on a narrow street.

Hi All,
The March delivery date in place when I ordered, has now changed to April/May on Mytesla.

OK I now understand TeslaTime, but still, this fast and loose approach to delivery committments will cost me an unforseen £1500 because of 5 years of Vehicle Tax.
Has anyone tried to get Tesla to recognise this additional cost and compensate in some way. Sure, I recognise I benefit with exchange rates since I made the order, but still, it would be good to know before i get back to my DS.

Completely separate issue: the MX is about 1 foot wider than just about any other big (to me) car out there: XC90, Discovery, Porsche Cayenne etc. Yikes! Am starting to look at streets nearby, going "won't be going down that one"... anyone got any early feedback on driving such a big car on UK residental streets?

ta
Shane I know exactly what your going through as I am waiting for my X as well. I ordered in July. Tesla suggested at the time delivery in FEB 17. However after 6 false start my car is due to be built at the end of Jan. I have had a number of conversation with Tesla and escalated up to Regional Delivery Manager, Western Europe. He actually called me from the Fremont factory floor. The bottom line is they are trying hard to get the cars delivered by the end of March early April, they will not compensate if the cars miss the 1st April deadline. However if you give them written instruction they will and can register the car in March even if its in transit which will avoid the dreaded premium tax. I have already done this, you need to contact your DS and do the same thing.
I have been like many extremely fed up with the delivery process and all the incorrect information. I took advantage of having this one to one to suggest way things can be improved. One reason for poor DS service is they all have too many cases right now, extra DS staff have been brought over from Denmark to help during this busy period whilst they recruit more staff. I just feel its all a shame that something I aspired to and am so excited about is having the experienced spoilt by this delivery process which is not transparent and has led to a lot of us customers becoming quite angry. Tesla UK are more than aware drastic action is required and is another reason he was in Freemont.
I love Tesla, I want them to succeed, I cant wait to get my car and be a part of the adventure, but they need to do much, much better!!!!

It's that precise it actually shows the clearance in inches? That's pretty impressive!

Must be some images on Google - but I couldn't find anything; these were straight into the sun, sorry about the reflections.

Approaching some planters on the right-side:

MS05.jpg

Parking nose-on to a wall:

MS04.jpg

MS03.jpg

MS02.jpg

I think it is 12" when it changes from inches-measurement to:

MS01.jpg

By the by, I have absolutely no difficulty nudging forwards an inch at a time on the throttle ...

Reactions: Lowey007
Shane I know exactly what your going through as I am waiting for my X as well. I ordered in July. Tesla suggested at the time delivery in FEB 17. However after 6 false start my car is due to be built at the end of Jan. I have had a number of conversation with Tesla and escalated up to Regional Delivery Manager, Western Europe. He actually called me from the Fremont factory floor. The bottom line is they are trying hard to get the cars delivered by the end of March early April, they will not compensate if the cars miss the 1st April deadline. However if you give them written instruction they will and can register the car in March even if its in transit which will avoid the dreaded premium tax. I have already done this, you need to contact your DS and do the same thing.
I have been like many extremely fed up with the delivery process and all the incorrect information. I took advantage of having this one to one to suggest way things can be improved. One reason for poor DS service is they all have too many cases right now, extra DS staff have been brought over from Denmark to help during this busy period whilst they recruit more staff. I just feel its all a shame that something I aspired to and am so excited about is having the experienced spoilt by this delivery process which is not transparent and has led to a lot of us customers becoming quite angry. Tesla UK are more than aware drastic action is required and is another reason he was in Freemont.
I love Tesla, I want them to succeed, I cant wait to get my car and be a part of the adventure, but they need to do much, much better!!!!

I am the most impatient man in the world and the wait for my S (ordered 30/10 and on boat leaving Houston today) has been dreadful, so I can only imagine how you are feeling, and completely understand your frustration.

There are many prospective owners who are particularly concerned about the VED changes, and some ordered requesting a March delivery specifically for that reason, not being aware of Tesla's known inability to meet a deadline.

Can you clarify exactly what you have been told? One lady was told the car could be registered whilst at sea providing she had paid for it, others that providing it is on land in Europe no problem. If it's as simple as a letter/email that would take a great deal of worry away from people.

One thing for sure, Tesla need to sort themselves out before the Model 3 gets here. Thankfully there's some way to go before then, but that's little comfort to you.

Must be some images on Google - but I couldn't find anything; these were straight into the sun, sorry about the reflections.

Approaching some planters on the right-side:

View attachment 211368

Parking nose-on to a wall:

View attachment 211369

View attachment 211370

View attachment 211371

I think it is 12" when it changes from inches-measurement to:

View attachment 211372

By the by, I have absolutely no difficulty nudging forwards an inch at a time on the throttle ...

Thank you for taking the trouble to do this, really good to know. My car park at work is pretty tight and on occasion I'm having mini panic attacks about not being able to get in/out. Not sure I want to rely on Summon either, that seems a tad flaky in the UK.

Thank you for taking the trouble to do this, really good to know. My car park at work is pretty tight and on occasion I'm having mini panic attacks about not being able to get in/out. Not sure I want to rely on Summon either, that seems a tad flaky in the UK.

With the rear camera, sensors, mirrors that auto-tilt when you go into reverse, I haven't the slightest trouble getting my S into narrow spaces. However, quite often I'm then unable to get out through the doors and have to select another space (or on one occasion, enter/exit via the boot!).

• Funny
Reactions: Lowey007
on one occasion, enter/exit via the boot!

:)

I see the MX touted as the Falcon-Wing doors allowing passengers to get in when space is tight etc, and I've always wondered if folk don't then consider how the Driver then gets in ...

Then there's all the aggro of avoiding other thoughtless people, or their thoughtless kids, opening their doors where space is tight.

I exspect I'm the same as others here; if its tight I don't park next to two-door cars, or monster vehicles, or I park passenger-to-passenger so tight that the other car will have no option but for driver to pull out first, and then load their passenger, if they have one.

Sorry if I have parked next to you @arg and you've had to get in through the boot :D

However, quite often I'm then unable to get out through the doors and have to select another space (or on one occasion, enter/exit via the boot!).

There must have been no alternative to have opted for the boot option;) :eek:. Do you find Summon to be of any value or because of the convoluted conversation the phone has with the car, the mothership and then back again, it's largely worthless?

It would be pretty easy for me to line my car up with the space, jump out, and Summon it back into the space, but I'll be scared witless it'll just carry on and bash into the office wall :oops:

I've never got around to trying Summon, but keep meaning to. Of course the day will come where I get back to the car to find its sitting in a huge puddle after heavy rain ... and I still haven't got Summon enabled ... let alone tried a wide-open-space test.

I am the most impatient man in the world and the wait for my S (ordered 30/10 and on boat leaving Houston today) has been dreadful, so I can only imagine how you are feeling, and completely understand your frustration.

There are many prospective owners who are particularly concerned about the VED changes, and some ordered requesting a March delivery specifically for that reason, not being aware of Tesla's known inability to meet a deadline.

Can you clarify exactly what you have been told? One lady was told the car could be registered whilst at sea providing she had paid for it, others that providing it is on land in Europe no problem. If it's as simple as a letter/email that would take a great deal of worry away from people.

One thing for sure, Tesla need to sort themselves out before the Model 3 gets here. Thankfully there's some way to go before then, but that's little comfort to you.

DJP31 as I said I have been in contact directly with Regional Delivery Manager for Western Europe he has stated you just have to write to your DS requesting that you are happy for the car to be registered in march even if the car hasn't been delivered. I am not aware if tesla will expect payment prior to doing this but tesla allways expect payment before scheduling a collection so for me it's not an issue as I have had the funds waiting for ages as the cars late.
He has also got them to fix my tesla account so it now shows the deliver as March - early April.

Reactions: DJP31
MyTesla now show delivery forward to March/April from May/June. No holding my breath.
Anyone planning to wrap their MX, any suggestion where is the best place?

Also any suggestions regarding wall charger. Tesla or other brands?

Thanks for helping

Anyone planning to wrap their MX, any suggestion where is the best place?

I got my MS wrapped at Topaz Detailing, they are pretty close to Tesla Heathrow. They did an excellent job, just a bit of an embarrassment parking my lowly MS amongst all the million-pound-motors that were lying around their gaff :rolleyes: - but there was a beaten-up Peugeot 205 being done (nope ... they didn't know why either!)

Topaz Detailing

Edit: Hahaha ... they've even got a picture of the Pug on their Facebook page

Topaz London - It's not just supercars we work on! This... | Facebook

Last edited: