Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Unveil When??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla in final stages of Model S prep; readying Supercharger network for road trips

This is a tad worrying for me:

I hope it doesn't look weird. SUV yes, minivan no.... What's the in between?
Given what they have done on the Roadster and S, I'm not too worried the styling will be ugly. I think that quote might be referring to the capabilities, more than the styling (kind of like how the S looks like a Sports sedan/coupe, even though it is a hatchback and has all the capabilities of a hatchback, plus more)?

I too am a little concerned. I trust Elon's judgement, but they've said with the Model S that they could have done some crazier stuff, but they didn't think the public was ready for it, so they made it look like a traditional car. I hope they don't go too far out on that limb this time either.

Do we know, is Franz doing the Model X design? It would make me feel better to know that he is.

Tesla in final stages of Model S prep; readying Supercharger network for road trips

This is a tad worrying for me:

I hope it doesn't look weird. SUV yes, minivan no.... What's the in between?

That has been mention before. Imagine the black nose of the Model S being painted the same color as the car.

I would imagine that a new design would not try to emulate a radiator like the S but just use the low down vents and remake the upper part to be stylish and aerodynamic.

That has been mention before. Imagine the black nose of the Model S being painted the same color as the car.

I would imagine that a new design would not try to emulate a radiator like the S but just use the low down vents and remake the upper part to be stylish and aerodynamic.

So similar to this?

porsche_cayenne_s.jpg

I know the live feed will be available, but in case anyone wants more close up pictures, I'll be trying to post them in real time from my phone at evlife.tumblr.com. (It's not a commercial site so no one get mad at me please--and I don't have an easy way to post pictures to this forum from my phone.)

At the factory event I was emailing photos to another list member, and he was posting them - near real time. I'd be happy to do the same for you, if you like.

At the factory event I was emailing photos to another list member, and he was posting them - near real time. I'd be happy to do the same for you, if you like.

Neat. I think I'll stick with just posting via Tumblr since it's so easy, but feel free to repost those here if you have a chance. I may check out tapatalk though. (Thanks AnOutsider.)

Crap, I knew I left something when packing. No checkbook :(

They may not take reservations at the event tomorrow from the looks of it. I think everyone queues up online at Noon PST on 02/10. So, unless you are in-flight at that time and don't have WiFi, keep your credit card at the ready!

If they do take reservations at the event tomorrow, I'm sure a credit card will do just fine.