Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X video by Everydaydriver.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The criticism about Falcon wing doors as a party trick is interesting. Watching the video, I noticed that these doors might be actually worse than minivan doors in rain, snow, windy conditions, etc. If rain is not falling absolutely vertically, don't these doors expose much more of the rear passenger area?

Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 1.43.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 11.09.07 AM.png

I'm actually glad they didn't bring up global warming. A lot of tesla owners such as myself think it's a hoax and have other reasons for buying the car. Had they got into global warming, I would have unsubscribed to their youtube channel and never watched again and I'm sure many ther viewers would have been put off as well.
Unfortunately member joetz here is probably what’s often referred to as a "lost cause".

But since hope springs eternal:

joetz, if you would like to find out why you disagree with the Pentagon on basic science, this is a good place to start:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately member joetz here is probably what’s often referred to as a "lost cause".

But since hope springs eternal:

joetz, if you would like to find out why you disagree with the Pentagon on basic science, this is a good place to start:

I love the instant torque, the performance, and the innovation and style of the car and I think those are great reasons for buying a tesla. For me, spending 100K or more on a car for a negligible impact on CO2 emissions is not a good reason.

I love the instant torque, the performance, and the innovation and style of the car and I think those are great reasons for buying a tesla. For me, spending 100K or more on a car for a negligible impact on CO2 emissions is not a good reason.

The impact on CO2-missions comes from the entire Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) fleet. And without each individual purchase (and yes - a 100K+ purchase in this case), there won’t be a fleet.

And how many electric cars would there be today if it wasn’t for Tesla?

Or like this:

Do you want to be part of the problem, or do you want to be a part of the solution?

Last edited:
Maybe the solution is to build cars people want to own. /...
That is definitely part of the solution.

.../ Then they will buy them because they work rather than because they believe. Same result either way. [My underline.]
But here you’ve lost me.

This is not about belief in some kind of religious sense, where there is no evidence what so ever.

97% of climate experts agree humans are causing global warming because there is a near infinite amount of evidence.

If you have even the slightest compassion for the folks who will want to inhabit this planet after you are gone – like your children if you have any, and their children – then IMO, the inconvenient condition that 97% of climate experts agree humans are causing global warming should mean something to you.

That is definitely part of the solution.

But here you’ve lost me.

This is not about belief in some kind of religious sense, where there is no evidence what so ever.

97% of climate experts agree humans are causing global warming because there is a near infinite amount of evidence.

The point is simple. It matters little if everyone agrees or even pays enough attention to have an opinion on the matter. Many will be more focused on cat videos on Facebook.

If you create a compelling product that solves a problem is it really that important that everyone agree with you or is it more important that they use the better product.

By insisting on agreement you create more alienation. By creating a compelling product that is superior you gain ground.

I am more interested in producing results than demanding agreement. Results are what matter in life.

97% of cat video watchers agree.

@SwedishAdvocate, while I totally side with you as far as the way I feel about these things, @Roamer has it right. It reminds me of a conversation I had recently with a close friend. I laid out my idea for selling evidence-based policy to the masses, including how to use numeric values for confidence levels on predictions, etc. He nodded politely and then broke it down for me: "You are assuming that if you provide people with evidence and logic, that they'll just line up and do the right thing. That's where your entire premise is flawed."

Convincing people to break out of their biases is a much more difficult and slower task than creating a compelling and sexy product that they want to buy despite those biases. Tesla vehicles appeal to a broad group of people, and by the way, they're assisting in solving a problem that many of them don't believe exists.

Reactions: Roamer