TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X VIN Received!! Day 1 accessories?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Alfred Ng, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Alfred Ng

Alfred Ng New Member

Hi all,

Am told my Model X 90D will be ready in 2 weeks from my DS and got my VIN 12120.
    Question I have for all current Model X owners is was there a list of items you purchased right away for your model x?
    I am going to get a bike rack, potentially looking for front license plate holder that doesn't require drilling (anyone receive delivery in Vancouver BC and if so did tesla drill in a license plate holder right into the vehicle?).

I am not sure what everyone is buying for internal accessories as I heard some horror stories with the center console.

Your advice is appreciated.

Alfred

2. Rich Meister

Rich Meister Member

Floor Mats =)

3. LuckyX

LuckyX Stormtrooper X60D, Autopilot, and Hitch

Driver & Passenger window tint.

4. jason1466

jason1466 Member

A magnetic tiny stick on phone mount if you like Waze in addition to the tesla nav. I might have to clean the 3M double sided tape from the wood one day, but putting this thing to the right of the big screen just above the glove box button is perfect. https://amzn.com/B016MDC7WW

5. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

My delivery is still a little bit ahead. The four things I've bought so far are a 14-50 extension cord, the CHAdeMO adapter, a DashCam, and the complete set of fitted sun blocking window inserts. I was contemplating the deep pile carpeted mats, but I think I'm going to wait until I have the car to make up my mind with mats

The other thing I'm thinking hard about is getting it wrapped with protective film right away. I've never wrapped a car before, but I've read good things about it, and this cars a little on the expensive side...

6. TslaMom

TslaMom Member

Which dash cam did you get?

7. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

The accepted choice of the forum is the Blackvue 650. I gave it some thought, but I decided to go my own way for the moment - something which will be a little less obvious, is a lot cheaper, and claims fairly similar specs - an AUTOVOX M2.

It fits over the top of the OEM mirror, and has both the front camera and the display integrated into the body. We'll see how it works out - I may end up buying a BlackVue later on instead.

8. TslaMom

TslaMom Member

Ok thanks for responding. I'll check it out.

9. cheekychappie

cheekychappie Member

Hi do you have details of the deep pile carpet? Is that from Tesla or a third party? Not seen them advertised, thanks

10. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

• Like x 1
  11. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

• Like x 1
  12. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

13. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

That would be the #1 thing. But they are plusher by far than the OEM ones. And the contrasting trim if you like that. Plus these mats are spiked rubber lined on the bottom so they act as all weather mats too if you dump coffee on them for example.