Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X vs Garage......again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost like he did it intentionally. Who gets out after that so calmly and first thing grab your phone to take a picture?

Someone who is in shock at their actions and also addicted to the phone. When most of your daily activities revolve around pulling your phone out of your pocket, I guess your first reaction in a crisis is to pull out your phone. It’s a similar response that people who catch things like natural disasters and police chaces on their cell phones. I’m not one of those quick-draw folks and often smack my forehead for forgetting that I have a camera in my pocket.

I don’t follow the logic that this guy did this intentionally. If a person wanted a viral video that got millions of hits, I think it would be better to properly film it with a quality camera and drive it into a garage with both doors up. It would also make more sense to put it on YouTube instead of linking it from Nest, since the former will generate AdSense revenue and the latter will not.

Someone who is in shock at their actions and also addicted to the phone. When most of your daily activities revolve around pulling your phone out of your pocket, I guess your first reaction in a crisis is to pull out your phone. It’s a similar response that people who catch things like natural disasters and police chaces on their cell phones. I’m not one of those quick-draw folks and often smack my forehead for forgetting that I have a camera in my pocket.

I don’t follow the logic that this guy did this intentionally. If a person wanted a viral video that got millions of hits, I think it would be better to properly film it with a quality camera and drive it into a garage with both doors up. It would also make more sense to put it on YouTube instead of linking it from Nest, since the former will generate AdSense revenue and the latter will not.
My thinking of why it could be fake is for insurance claim. Hypothetically, they don't like the X, figure damaging the door could possibly total it, get insurance payout and then buy something else.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I’ve never really been caught off guard by the FWD being open but I do agree that it should default to locking you out of a drive mode while the door is open. If you really want to drive with the FWD open you should be given the option of an override. I find I miss the “Close All” button about 5% of the time.

Reactions: sub
Moral:
Never allow anyone to drive your Model X without your supervision. I always fear they will press the accelerator like a ICE car and end up in a accident.
Also don't allow friend's or kid's friends to open the FWD , they may open it onto ongoing traffic unaware how it opens up, I was lucky ones and iam paranoid now.

Vivian so sorry for you.