Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X vs Model S 17" screen

Which screen layout do you prefer?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
Since the topic seems to be so divided, here's a poll to get a general consensus on the Model X vs Model S dash. 3 pretty simple choices.

For reference (first 2 Model S images taken by Charged_up):

Model X (floating)
dash and interior.jpg

Tesla-Model-X-Steering-Wheel.jpg

bg_06_interior_prod-05-55.jpg

Model S (inset)
IMG3934-X3.jpg

IMG3953-X3.jpg

night-mode.jpg

1. Oh I think it might catch an eye or two. If it doesn't, polls are still fun
2. We are no longer sure what's crazy or sane
3. Care to share? (as an aside, Bonnie showed up in the crowd in one of my X pics. I'm no stalker I swear)

3. Care to share?

I used facial recognition software linked to the member listing profile pics and it picked up *Larry Chanin* on the left and *kvietor* in the middle:

View attachment 4374

Yep, that's me circled on the far left.

AnOutsider if you are a Florida resident and are interested in joining a local Tesla Motors Club, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

Yep, that's me circled on the far left.

AnOutsider if you are a Florida resident and are interested in joining a local Tesla Motors Club, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

Sorry, I'm a PA resident :)

+1. Hopefully they come up with something different than the two pics in the poll.

I liked how the original had the buttons and was more flowing. It's funny that Franz is all swoopy on exteriors, then goes all hard and edgy with the screen on the interior.

None of the above. :wink:

I prefer the original prototype interior.

View attachment 4375

Larry

From a purely aesthetic standpoint this is probably the most attractive and certainly the most traditional (what we're used to).

I wonder why they moved away from this? Maybe because there is a large amount of (dead) space that is wasted behind the screen and underneath the center console.

It's lower than the steering wheel.

I guess my personal technology philosophy is that technology should be hidden or integrated when possible this is why I like the Model S Screen. It look Integrated not slapped on as an after thought. And what happens when some idiot try's to rip the screen out? Now he has something to grab on to

modelx-6.jpg

The top of the Model X screen sticks out like a knife, That can't be good for 5 star safety.

Where I live In Atlanta all you here on the news it fools stealing flat screen TVs.

That being said... I'm getting the Model X. I just wish they gave us a choice.

Last edited:
I really hope that there is an ambient light sensor so that the backlight can automatically adjust accordingly.

Any word on the polarization of the displays? I tend to find most off the shelf LCDs to be polarized along a diagonal. Ideally the vehicle displays would be vertically polarized so that they'd pass through polarized sunglasses. Some Karma drivers report they can't see the Fisker displays at all when wearing polarized sunglasses.