Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X vs Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that it’s a deal breaker, but the X has SiriusXM which is not available on the Y.

I have a Raven X and like it, but if I was doing it all over again, I’d get the Y. The difference in price isn’t worth it to me and I think the Y, with its simpler design, will be more reliable in the long run. Heck, now that the Supercharger network is going to be open to other EV brands (I do a lot of long road trips), I might even consider the Cadillac Lyriq.

I finally got my own personal rear-end into the 3rd row of a Model Y. Dang that's a tight fit. But I fit. At 5'11/185#. Yeah, my legs were all akimbo and my shoulders were tight, but I fit, and there was room for my head to bake well under the glass.

For truly occasional use and kid hauling before about age 14, it's just about the perfect 7-seater. It's also very simple to use. But, if you intend to carry 6 or 7 full-size adults with any regularity or extended length of time, the X is the only EV game in town right now. The door opening in particular makes 3rd row access a lot easier in the X, not mention the 6-seater's advantages there.

But, for a big discount, and for what it'll usually be used for (a storage shelf) the 3rd row in the Y is a pretty cool bit of extra flexibility you can't really get in anything else its size and capability.