TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X w/tow package (or suitable S) needed to pull float in a parade

Discussion in 'New England' started by EdA, Jul 28, 2016.

1. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

I received the following email this morning:

"The Soular Jazz Foundation has been offered a spot in the AppleFest parade which will be held Sunday, September 18, 12 – 3 PM. I would like to put a band on a float to advertise the festival and the mission.

Do you know any Model X owners with the tow package? Even better if they have a flatbed trailer, but if not, I will find one. I understand that Model S's are not build to tow, yet some owners have put in tow bars and pull small loads nonetheless. If you know any owners in this category, perhaps that could work as well.

Any connections or advice you can offer in this endeavor would be most appreciated."

The Soular Jazz Foundation is based in Northboro, MA to my knowledge.

Thanks,
    /Ed

2. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

I imagine you'll be able to find a better candidate, but I am supposed to have my X by then, which will have the tow package.

Do you know where this parade is? Northborough? Worcester? Boston?

All are a bit of a hike for me, but it might make for an interesting trip. :)

3. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

@Saghost, I have just confirmed that the parade is in Northborough, MA.

I've also asked the local Tesla sales manager and on the Tesla New England Facebook group. (You're the first to reply)

4. sbanks

sbanks Member

I have a tow hitch on my Model S and can possibly help you out if you can't find something closer and provided it's back from the body shop by then.

5. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

I did find a guy, not sure if he's contacted the parade organizer though.
    Good luck with your car.