Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Window Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered an X 100D 6/3, expected delivery is “late July to mid Aug”. Wondering about window tinting... do some/all of windows come from the factory already tinted? If no, any recommendations for a quality tinting shop in the Bellevue (or Seattle) Washington area? Also, any recommendations on type and darkness levels for tint?

All back windows come tinted from factory ...I titnted my whole car with photosync 35 all around ...I’m in Socal so need tint ..in your area you can probably get by with factory tint

As with most SUVs/Trucks/Minivans, the rear windows are factory tinted. Technically not really tinted as they don't use a film but darkened glass is use. Its mostly for privacy, the heat blocking effect is laughable. Toss a 75% ceramic tint over those windows and the heat will drop drastically.

Reactions: P85_DA
In my 2016 I put in 35% tint. It was my first ever tint and I never really liked tint until the X catching too much attention back then. My wife was breastfeeding at the time so I got the tint. It did not provide enough privacy.

After I got my 2018, my wife was breastfeeding once again. This time I went with 25% and it provides much better privacy. I only tinted the front windows. $160 with suntek, mobile tint guy. No issue at all. In my own experience with the remote-controlled AC and windshield sunshade I think we are quite comfortable in SoCal without putting additional tints on other windows, or spending more on premium films.

Reactions: P85_DA
Driver and passenger door windows need tint. Everything else is good as far as I'm concerned (UV).

I did '3M™ Auto Window Film Crystalline 50%' on my current X and 'LLumar CTX - Ceramic IR heat film Front 2 windows. 50%' on my previous one. Absolutely love the 50% and have done roadtrips in both in 95F degree with very 'cool' results!

3M™ Automotive Window Film Crystalline Series | 3M United States

In my 2016 I put in 35% tint. It was my first ever tint and I never really liked tint until the X catching too much attention back then. My wife was breastfeeding at the time so I got the tint. It did not provide enough privacy.

After I got my 2018, my wife was breastfeeding once again. This time I went with 25% and it provides much better privacy. I only tinted the front windows. $160 with suntek, mobile tint guy. No issue at all. In my own experience with the remote-controlled AC and windshield sunshade I think we are quite comfortable in SoCal without putting additional tints on other windows, or spending more on premium films.
What kind of windshield sunshade are you using on your X? I'm not sure if a special 1 piece large sunshade for MX is available in the market?