Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Windshield - heating elements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, this morning there was a light rain and initially I thought that perhaps the windshield had cracked. However, closer inspection shows that there are 3 horizontal lines going completely across it (bottom, middle, top). I'm assuming that these are heating elements? You can see each of them by the way the water droplets are forming a line - the bottom one is easiest to see, but there are also the other 2. I've tried looking to see if I can see the wire, but cannot. Does anyone know whether what I'm speculating is correct?

DSC_0377.JPG
DSC_0378.JPG

So, this morning there was a light rain and initially I thought that perhaps the windshield had cracked. However, closer inspection shows that there are 3 horizontal lines going completely across it (bottom, middle, top). I'm assuming that these are heating elements? You can see each of them by the way the water droplets are forming a line - the bottom one is easiest to see, but there are also the other 2. I've tried looking to see if I can see the wire, but cannot. Does anyone know whether what I'm speculating is correct?
Those may be the heated wipers