Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Winter Tire and Wheel Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am selling a Model X 20" Slipstream Winter Wheel and Tire Package. These are intended for a pre-refresh Model X. I used them for a few winters, and they have been in storage since January 2021, when I sold my 2018 Model X. I bought a refreshed MX Plaid. My understanding is that these are not suitable for the Plaid, which is why I am selling.

They were originally silver, but I had them painted to match the sport rims. They are now matte black rims with no scrapes or rim rash. Tires are in good condition, too.

In case you are interested, the original price was $3273.39 after tax and the SKU is: 1109575-00-C. If you are interested and want to make a reasonable offer, I will pull them from storage and take as many pictures as you want.

I’m interested as well, but wondering why they won’t fit a refresh? I don’t have a plaid, but has a 23 MX LR. I’m interested if they’ll fit my car.

When you say you had them painted, did you paint them or powder coat them?
There is a local guy who does rim repair. He painted them to match the sport wheels. He says it has a clear base and then the dark finish. I can get more details, but a picture may also help. I'll dig one up and post when I get a chance.

I am not 100% sure if they will or won't work on a LR. I am told by Tesla that no-go on the Plaid. There are pages on the forum somewhere that discuss things like wheel offset that may help you figure it out. It's a bit above my pay grade. It is possible these are suitable for the LR, but I am just not sure.

Also, FYI, I am not sure how to ship something this big and heavy. Unless you are near St. Louis, I would have to figure shipping out.

Appreciate the interest and when time permits, will dig up pics.

Thanks.

Here are two shots of the wheels when they were on the car. I can post more pictures of them off the car once I get them out of storage. In case you are wondering, I did a custom chrome delete on my prior MX.

Wheel1.jpeg

Wheel2.jpeg
Wheel1.jpegWheel2.jpeg

OK, I grabbed these wheels from storage and have a few comments and disclaimers for anyone interested. One of the four tires has some wear and probably needs to be replaced some time soon. The other three look good in my opinion.

In general, the rims look nice from a distance. But, up close there are some flaws. Two of four have minor chips or rim rash. Hard to see from a distance, but for sure visible if you look close. Two of them also have some subtle white speckles, which is odd. Structurally, they are all in good shape and for $100-$200 you could probably have them all repainted or coated.

Here are some more images. Keep in mind, they are slightly wet, which can be seen on the rims.

IMG_0143.jpeg

IMG_0144.jpeg

IMG_0145.jpeg

IMG_0146.jpeg

IMG_0147.jpeg