Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really appreciate you care about my car. Very thoughtful.

That being said, you might not want to read my post so literally. They do everything on your list at both my local SC and local Big O that I now mostly use.

I get it. But when you exaggerate quite that much I have to say something. Because I think it's misleading to others. There is no way it's close to 15 min if they did everything.

Having it done, even near by, is 2 hour project (from starting to load tires at home in car to tires unloaded at home) if they do everything. If I do it myself, it's probably an hour. And I know it takes less time than having it done. Believe me, I've done it, because if it involves mounting or balancing I have no choice.

And I agree, I have seen some places be very meticulous. Local shop is quite good. Problem is, they are sometimes not consistent. Great one time and not so great the next. Varies between locations too. Also if they are busy they sometimes want me to leave the car for the whole day. I usually drop off wheels and tires and pick them up. Less worry. Less time waiting or getting a ride.

There isn't whole lot you can do yourself these days. Swapping seasonally or rotating is easy breezy.

If you have OEM Wheels I think Tesla will do it Mobile for $100.00, if I didn't do it myself I'd probably elect to do that.

Hello, would Tesla oem 19” model S rims be approved for a 2021 MXP? I have not gotten through to a human at Seattle, Bellevue, or Lynnwood that could answer that. I have the oem 22 Pirellis on but would like a mounted set of winter tires and know of a deal on the MS rims
Regards
John

Sorry for a stupid question, but are the stock Continentals mud and snow rated? Was thinking of going to the mountains but did not want to put on chains and I looked but cannot see the M+S emblem on the car and I suddenly became afraid!

Sorry for a stupid question, but are the stock Continentals mud and snow rated? Was thinking of going to the mountains but did not want to put on chains and I looked but cannot see the M+S emblem on the car and I suddenly became afraid!
I don't know about mud and snow rated, but I do know the Continentals are "blow out" rated. Had two with mine. Worst tires I have ever had. Lasted only 21,000 miles. The replacement Pirellis went for 48,000 miles.

• Funny
Reactions: mbp11 and mswlogo
I don't know about mud and snow rated, but I do know the Continentals are "blow out" rated. Had two with mine. Worst tires I have ever had. Lasted only 21,000 miles. The replacement Pirellis went for 48,000 miles.
OEM tires on my 2019 X are like snow skies (with no edges).
I have the OEM Pirelli Winter tires and look forward to switching to them for Winter (not just for Ice and Snow either).

Reactions: Fairchild
I don't know about rated but the stock Conti's are not really safe in snow. I tried them for a bit until hitting some adverse road camber and couldn't stop before running into a snow bank. I would not recommend it.

2018 MX P100D bought used in April with 12,500 miles on the odometer out of Chicago, and presumably the original 20" Continentals on it. Swapped to a set of 20" Michelin X-Ice Snow SUV tires on the same wheels as the Contis at about 20k in mid-November, and the Seattle Metro had a good snowfall around Christmas. We're tucked against a mountain (bump?) and had nearly a foot of snow accumulated across several days with NO melt in the middle, and the usual excuses of COVID and the great resignation meant scarce plow drivers and sub-par plowing going on. WOW, I'm impressed with these tires. Great grip in the rain (we get lots of it) and on wet leaves, and awesome performance in the snow. My wife delivered a set of groceries to my folks who live "in the county" and she said each intersection meant progressively worse road conditions; nonetheless, she was super-confident with the car even though she had quite a crash with a Suzuki mini-SUV decades ago on the ice and generally hesitant.

I chose the Michelins in part because I've been a Michelin fan for 18 years and in part because Discount Tire marked it as "BEST" and the Pirellis chosen by Tesla for their 20" winter tire set as "BETTER".

Reactions: Fairchild
My tires wore out. I originally planned on getting 2 new OEM front 20" X rims to put on the back so I could go with a square setup for ease of rotation. Sadly from Tesla those are $750 each, so instead I ordered a set of full 19" rims from TSportline. They are all the same size, 8.5" wide, so thankfully rotations will be possible.
I plan on putting a set of Michelin X-Ice Snow SUV tires. I've had earlier versions of these tires (X-Ice I3) on a few cars and have been happy with the performance in Utah.

The OEM 19's from Tesla (that are no longer sold) came with square 265/50R-19 tires. My question is: What's differences would I see going with 245/55R-19 vs 265/50R-19. According to this site the tire size would be almost the same (from a speedometer point of view). But the narrower tire (245) would have a slightly higher sidewall, and narrow tires are better cutting through snow. These are snow tires so I don't expect summer style performance out of them, I have a summer set of referral 22" rims/tires for that.

Also, the 245 width tires are about $200 cheaper for a set of 4 compared to the 265 ones, so theres that to consider also. Thoughts?

Narrower tires are generally better in snow. As long as they can support the weight rating of the X. I also loved my X-Ice 3's on my other cars. I just wore out my Pirelli snows on the X this past season so I'll be looking next year. Interested to hear how it works out for you.

Narrower tires are generally better in snow. As long as they can support the weight rating of the X. I also loved my X-Ice 3's on my other cars. I just wore out my Pirelli snows on the X this past season so I'll be looking next year. Interested to hear how it works out for you.
I’ve have X-Ice on another car and had them on Model 3. I had the (OEM) Pirelli Winter Zero on my X. Absolutely love the Pirelli’s. I wonder if the (OEM) Sottozero 3 are as good for Model S. Pirelli were quiet, not squirrelly like X-Ice and quieter than X-Ice. They gripped Ice great and efficiency was fine. They don’t look like they should do as well in snow but they were amazing. I preferred them over the OEM summer setup.

I have them listed in for sale section. Square setup. Tons of tread left. Rims are perfect.