Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model-X wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty sure they're already planning on making AWD an option for the Model X. It will make the storage space in the frunk considerably smaller, but hey, AWD power baby! The X might end up having a faster 0-60 than the S because of the AWD. Or they could come out with an AWD version of the S as well. Maybe that's the secret sauce in the "performance" version of the S ?

I'd also like a reclining ottoman with heated massage for two of the back seats, a never ending supply of genuine Cuban cigars, and plenty of scotch.

Serious plug for tailgate/camping items at the back hatch. Maybe a miles-monitor readout next to it with an alarm that goes off at low or preset miles to monitor charge state and miles to get to next plug.

^ This. A built-in AC inverter in an EV (esp. an SUV) is such a perfect fit that I'd be appalled if it didn't have one.

Looking at this wishlist I see two ways the Model X can go. Do Tesla want to make a speed optimized SUV like the Cayenne or do they want to make a rugged terrain optimized SUV like the Land Rover Discovery? I can't really see they satisify both camps as they are built for different uses. The hints to a practical mini-vanesque design means my bet is in the Cayenne direction and not the Discovery direction.

Cobos

Looking at this wishlist I see two ways the Model X can go. Do Tesla want to make a speed optimized SUV like the Cayenne or do they want to make a rugged terrain optimized SUV like the Land Rover Discovery? I can't really see they satisify both camps as they are built for different uses. The hints to a practical mini-vanesque design means my bet is in the Cayenne direction and not the Discovery direction.

My bet is on the X appealing more to the (well-heeled) suburban soccer mom - it'd more likely be a sexy and electric (in multiple senses) version of a Subaru Outback wagon or a Volvo XC60/70/90.

Serious plug for tailgate/camping items at the back hatch.

Not exactly sure that this picture belongs here, but I thought it was worth posting somewhere:
Nissan-NV200-Concept-4.jpg
_Nissan-NV200-Concept-1.jpg

(I suppose you could fill the back with things like camera gear, or model rockets if you had interests other than SCUBA...)

Last edited:
how a fingerprint scanner for "starting" the car? there's a feature that i don't think has been in any previous car! i think that would be pretty cool.
Supposedly Dale Vince's Nemesis (a.k.a. wind car) was to have a fingerprint scanner to start the car.

Regarding "Demolition Man" type concerns, perhaps future scanners could be sensitive enough to detect a retinal (or finger) pulse so they'd have to be attached to a living individual.

Supposedly Dale Vince's Nemesis (a.k.a. wind car) was to have a fingerprint scanner to start the car.

Regarding "Demolition Man" type concerns, perhaps future scanners could be sensitive enough to detect a retinal (or finger) pulse so they'd have to be attached to a living individual.

sorry I meant "on any car presently made."... i suppose the pulse detection would work if there is such a thing now.

Last edited: