Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model-X wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

felixtb

RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4
Jan 14, 2011
Lausanne, CH
now that the model-X seems almost official it might be a good idea to start a thread that is called only model-X, albeit under the future car heading until completely official?! so please moderators if you think other existing threads are a better start then at least re-name one to simply Model-X and put this one in there as well. or put them in under this one........ up to you.

on that note here we go.

for my family, sadly, the model-S is not optimal and I am therefore eagerly awaiting the model-X. We have multiple kids, multiple big dogs and usually lots of bagage. A crossover or a SUV type vehicle is really the only workable solution for us. right now we have one of the largest SUVs on the European market and even that seems small at times. However, with it's large but fairly frugal diesel engine it has great range and good acceleration and top speed with an "acceptable" CO2 emissions for now...........

so for TESLA to start thinking about some wishes for the X:

1 Needs to have lots of interior space with smart storage solutions. look at Renault and PSA for ideas
2 should come in both 4x4 and 2x4 drive configurations depending on individual needs
3 should have great range to be able to go for a full days driving with only minimal top-ups on the way, ie: between 400 and 500 mile range, if battery technology permits.......!
4 needs to have three phase charging capability even for the US since such a car would be ideal for the country set as well, and most estates/farms have three phase.
5 needs to seat 7 "conventionally" when needed
6 still needs good acceleration when needed, my current SUV does 0 to 62 in 6.5 which is very nice for long safe drives.
7 needs to be rugged, like the LR4 or the Audi Allroad.

these are some initial points I can think of on a wish list. I am sure there will be many more to come.

hopefully elon and his team do read these forums so our communal wishes are at least heard if not, ultimately, completely satisfied in the Ned product.

/fb

I am very interested in the Model X. I am 6 foot 7, and tired of having to fall into a regular size cars. Just imagine if all cars were the size or roadsters, then you'll understand what I've always had to deal with :crying:

I just hope it looks cooool :cool:

Last edited:
Model X Wish List

Since SUV's sit so high why not double stack the battery pack. 180Kw, 550 mile range and ample towing capacity.

That would shut up the last of the skeptics. :love:

More range/towing capacity sounds good. Not sure how feasible it is, or will be, but it would be good.

Mine:
-AWD
-Great styling
-We already know it'll be spacious (elon said something like a van or was it minivan?), but would be cool if the styling wasn't huge. I'd like it to still look compact.
-Nimble driver (more like a crossover)

Also, I hope they keep up with the tech. There's likely more room for a huge screen in the X, but not sure if it's practical. I would like to see stuff like adaptive cruise, a2dp, memory seats etc. Just basically make their cars the forerunner in tech.

There's likely more room for a huge screen in the X, but not sure if it's practical.

If I remember correctly, during the Q&A session on the Q2 conference call, someone asked Elon about the cost to develop the Model X compared to the Model S. Elon mentioned that it would be much less due to shared platform and shared components. He then went on to list a bunch of shared things between the two, and he mentioned the screen. So I think it'll remain the same size.

If I remember correctly, during the Q&A session on the Q2 conference call, someone asked Elon about the cost to develop the Model X compared to the Model S. Elon mentioned that it would be much less due to shared platform and shared components. He then went on to list a bunch of shared things between the two, and he mentioned the screen. So I think it'll remain the same size.

Fair enough then. I wonder if they'll consider a landscape orientation, though I guess if it's going to be used for HVAC controls and such, then that wouldn't make much sense.

My wish list:

AWD
Ground Clearance (a must)
Trailer Hitch w/ decent towing capacity (think like 1/2 ton)
At least double the Model S's battery capacity, if not 2.5x
DC Fast Charge available to end-user (not full capacity mind you but an off-board charger)
Substantial Brush Guard available from factory
Same acceleration as my Silverado if not better

Last edited:
As long as we're dreaming:

I hope the Model X will also offer the Panoramic Roof, and in fact go one step farther. You can order the roof with no glass, and then ship it to Sportsmobile in Fresno, CA who will add a pop-top.

Sportsmobile Penthouse Top

And turn the rear two seats into a fold-out bed. I'd be happy with just that, although Sportsmobile also adds cabinets, refrigerators, stoves, etc.

An EV would really make an excellent camper van. Campgrounds have power, you can run HVAC and other systems while stopped, it's nice and quiet and clean with no generator...

Last edited:
Serious plug for tailgate/camping items at the back hatch. Maybe a miles-monitor readout next to it with an alarm that goes off at low or preset miles to monitor charge state and miles to get to next plug.

@ChadS, I dunno, aside from not being really aerodynamic, I can't see the benefit of that. You won't be standing and walking around. (and on a personal note, it's hideous)

Having had a pop-top for many years, I am able to see many benefits. But as with most options, there are indeed downsides--price, in addition to the ones you mentioned. I still hope it's an option (along with the ejector seat and gatling guns I'm hoping for).

Pete, what's this?

I have a back woods area at my place that I occasionally have to go into. On my truck I have a Warn Transformer brush/grille guard, which is tied to the frame and can support the entire weight of the vehicle. This I have used in the past to get pulled out of some sticky situations. (FYI in the same area we buried a tractor up to it's axles.)