TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model x with 19' tires

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by dayhu99, Aug 23, 2016.

1. dayhu99

dayhu99 Member

You can buy from Tesla snow tires for model x with 19' rims
    What would be the effect -range -handling -comfort - of swapping these tires for all season and always driving with them The overall diameter is virtually the same for 19,20,and 22 tires

2. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

Depending on the weight of the rims, I would assume a modest improvement in range during highway driving.

3. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

If anyone has purchased the 19" MX rims with this snow package, could you please provide the rim specs when they arrive? According to the Tesla Store, this is a symmetric wheel package so I am curious what rim width and offset they use for all 4 tires. It would seem that the front wheels are the limiting factor given the spacing with the suspension, so I'm assuming this 19" snow package is using 9.0J x 19" x 35 mm rims. Is this correct?

4. Nader

Nader Member

I believe it's a 19 x 8.5.

I'm more interested in seeing if a set of model S 19 inch slipstreams have sufficient weight rating. That would seem to be the lightest, most aero wheel option.

5. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

Thank you, @Nader Do you happen to know what offset they use? The reason for asking is I am thinking about putting together my own winter package with 19 inch TireRack rims and want to make sure I am matching Tesla's specs.