Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X with no kids?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are empty-nesters and have an X and 3. So 99.5% of the time our X is just the 2 of us, and 80% of the time it is just me. Which is fine with me because the X is so fun to drive fast!
Yes I agree but my wife sets the ding to come on if I go 5 mph over the speed limit, I told her I liked it because then I do not have to hear her say SLOW DOWN!

My wife and I have no kids, and we went with the X. I would have been content with the S or the 3, but my wife (to my never-ending surprise) urged the X. No regrets. We got the six-seat configuration and we love it. It still has plenty of cargo space in the back with the rear seats folded, and the middle row "captains chairs" are a hit when we haul friends around.

Reactions: wreighven and JøhP
Are you selling you bmw with this purchase? If so I think what you’re experiencing is knowing youre going to commit to an SUV as your full time vehicle and not a sedan

Still considering if i should trade it in or just keep it as a spare car. The resale value dropped so much with just 4-5 years on it i'm not sure if I even care about trading it in (60k to less than 15k in 4+ years...). I'm not too sure if I will get used to the height of SUV vs sedan, but the 5 series is pretty big as well. Horizontal dimensions wise it's about the same as a model S/X.

We have a grown kid with her own car. We also have two Model Xs!
My wife is tall and fell in love with the windshield.
I loved my Model S but when it got totaled, the accident made me hesitant to drive a car with relatively limited vision.
We mostly drive solo, but when the need arises, it's a phenomenal passenger car.

Reactions: wreighven
No Kids here. I'm used to Jeep Grand Cherokee's (I had 5 of them) to Tow Boats and Utility Trailers

I feel right at home in the X.

I agree on your observations of the Model 3. I had a Performance 3 Stealth for one year.
It was fun but I don't miss it a bit since getting the X.

If I didn't need the towing I would have got the S.

If you could squeak out a deal on a used Raven it's all the better with the dynamic adaptive suspension.

I'm looking to get a Tesla, so far I'm looking at an used late 2016/7 Model X with FSD.

Right now I have a BMW 5 series, and leased a nissan leaf before. I have test drove a 3, S and X.

The 3 is IMO a little boring and suspension is too rough for my liking. I'm also spoilt by powered trunks, and soft closing doors, so all the manual doors/trunks of the 3 are not things I can get used to anymore.

The model S was really fun to drive. it sits much lower than the 3 and feels like driving a real super car, but interior is rather boring.

The model X just amazed me the moment I get in. The panoramic windshield is something I really really want. Driving with this on a road trip on highway 1 in california would be so cool.

The question is, it's just me and my wife, we don't have any kids. So far almost every owner I know have at least 1-2 kids. Would getting a SUV/minivan just for the windshield make sense? Is it something you get used to and don't think is a big deal after a while?

We don't have kids. Dog yes, no kids. Both around 60, drive the snot out of it. Wife loves it because of speed and safety. Don't look back. We bought our 2016 P90X from Carmax because they had a 7 day refund. I thought we wouldn't like it. LOVE IT.

5 seater here. No kids. Me and the GF. Best road trip car ever. Autopilot is an interstate eating machine.

Yes PCH with the panoramic windshield is epic! I’m a camper and bike rider. Fold the back seats down and it will swallow up everything you need.

I have an Exped pad for two that fits perfectly in the back for Camp Mode. 1Up bike rack to carry bikes. You will get used to the size in no time. And get so annoyed when you have to open the door of other cars. 1st world problem.

May or may not be applicable to the original poster, but our Model X is the biggest hit with the grandkids. Ever. Ages 3 to 12. They love it. They want to ride in it. They want their friends to see it. They want to wear Tesla shirts.

Oh, and my wife and I love it too. Doors. Windshield. Power. Comfort. Capacity.

Kids love any Tesla. They know what's cool.

Single with no kids/wife and do have some regrets. First and foremost the Model X (as of today) is the perfect Tesla. 351 miles of Range, ultra high adaptive air suspension, falcon wing doors, hepa air filter, bio-defenence mode...etc. I can go on and on, but it's a massive car.

I've been seriously been debating Model 3.

Well, we have four kids, but I use the six seater x as a daily driver by myself. It uses more electricity than the others to get me there, but it's still better than the previous gas car.

have yet to get tired of it opening the door when I come up to it.