Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X won’t start

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday my new 2020 Model X refused to start and allow a gear selection. Normally when the brake is pressed the car wakes up and the gear selections are available. No matter how may restarts and troubleshooting with Tesla roadside could we get it to wake up. All screens and systems worked normally besides being able to drive the car. Ended up having the car towed 2.5 hours to Atlanta. Their only findings today were a few error messages from the sentry drive. They told me it’s a known issue and to leave the usb stick unplugged. Not the resolution I was hoping for and now I get to drive 5 hours round trip to pick up the vehicle.

Anyone else have anything like this happen? Its a first for us.

Reactions: emchen
Yesterday my new 2020 Model X refused to start and allow a gear selection. Normally when the brake is pressed the car wakes up and the gear selections are available. No matter how may restarts and troubleshooting with Tesla roadside could we get it to wake up. All screens and systems worked normally besides being able to drive the car. Ended up having the car towed 2.5 hours to Atlanta. Their only findings today were a few error messages from the sentry drive. They told me it’s a known issue and to leave the usb stick unplugged. Not the resolution I was hoping for and now I get to drive 5 hours round trip to pick up the vehicle.

Anyone else have anything like this happen? Its a first for us.
I have never heard of this. Things you could have tried:
1) changing wheel configuration seems to reboot more subsystems than a two-finger (and possibly power-off ... or maybe just diff subsystems)
2) if mechanically inclined you could have unplugged the 12v battery for a few minutes (including *unplugging* the first responder loop)

A) not sure what 'usb stick' you have but I would get a 'high endurance' micro SD card with a USB adapter. These are made for a lot of video writing.
Just some quick thoughts.

Reactions: Harvey Danger