Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - worth buying now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moving on from an early 2017 MX P100D and just took delivery of a 9/19 built long range X.

Never had door issues with the other car. The new one appears to have made some adjustments to the frame around the door to avoid the spots it used to rub.

04/17 MX: no FWD issues
12/18 MX: left side FWD developed a phantom "object detected" issue, turns out sensor was loose, service center reglued it and all was fine.
Main FWD problem I found has nothing to do with the mechanism. Every time I opened it in public, I felt like I had to hurry up and close it because I'm showing off or something. Some will get over that feeling easily. I've always felt it though.

04/17 MX: no FWD issues
12/18 MX: left side FWD developed a phantom "object detected" issue, turns out sensor was loose, service center reglued it and all was fine.
Main FWD problem I found has nothing to do with the mechanism. Every time I opened it in public, I felt like I had to hurry up and close it because I'm showing off or something. Some will get over that feeling easily. I've always felt it though.

I thought i was the only one who felt that it would just be too gaudy of a sight to own a Model X with those robotic doors opening upwards.But. I guess, it seems to be a shared feeling :). I think it is more to do with almost all other car on the planet made with conventional door, makes MX feel a bit out of place. But I guess, our of place can be a good thing too.

Just had a visit from my daughter and granddaughter. Used the FWD all the time, it’s soooo easy to get the child seat in compared to other cars, and entry/exit is a breeze.

2019 X Raven, had it two months now, 4000 miles, love the car more than any other in the last 46 years of car ownership.

FWD are too cool, and very useful. Best car ever.

I have a 2016 Model X and the Falcon wing doors used to open all the way up but the past several months only will raise part way. It's totally annoying. Even when there is no obstruction. I always have to manually open them and hold it down to manually fully open them.

in a software update, they changed default to not open all the way. Any chance this is left in that setting? I think it is in settings-vehicle-falcon door height? The change was made like 2 years ago though... so wouldn’t be just past several months... but worth checking and making sure set to Auto and not Low

I thought i was the only one who felt that it would just be too gaudy of a sight to own a Model X with those robotic doors opening upwards.But. I guess, it seems to be a shared feeling :). I think it is more to do with almost all other car on the planet made with conventional door, makes MX feel a bit out of place. But I guess, our of place can be a good thing too.
IDK, i must live in a very jaded area..no one seems to notice my car, my "wings" or anything. was kind of bummed by this , honestly! i will say i showed off the Xmas setting to some gals at a shop and they did whip out their phones to video it!!:p