Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X,Y,3 and CT Reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I created the following reservations when I was unsure which model I was going to buy:
  1. Model X (Grey on Black, 6 seater) Ready in Feb
  2. Model Y LR (Grey on Black) Ready now
  3. Model 3 (Grey on Black) Ready now
  4. CT Ready ?
I know prices and wait times have gone up on all the models so I'm assuming their is a decent amount of value for my reservations. I'm planning on getting another vehicle for now and want to hold onto my CT reservation. So my question is, is it worth it to take delivery of the above vehicles and just immediately sell them (ideally for a decent profit) or find someone who wants to take my reservations for a fee?

I created the following reservations when I was unsure which model I was going to buy:
  4. CT Ready ?
I know prices and wait times have gone up on all the models so I'm assuming their is a decent amount of value for my reservations. I'm planning on getting another vehicle for now and want to hold onto my CT reservation. So my question is, is it worth it to take delivery of the above vehicles and just immediately sell them (ideally for a decent profit) or find someone who wants to take my reservations for a fee?
Imo it's best to sell the reservations at a price you are comfortable with. I think people underestimate the cost and pain of taking delivery, taxes, and selling the car. There is an inherent risk, but potentially more upside in doing so. But selling a reservation is cash in hand, no hassle, you know your number, everyone is happy, and you are done.

Full disclosure I'm trying to buy a reservation now to get a new personal vehicle. But if I had reservations I'd be selling them, not taking delivery unless I was keeping the car.

Reactions: voxel
  4. CT Ready ?
Are all of these reservations under the same Tesla account?

Imo it's best to sell the reservations at a price you are comfortable with. I think people underestimate the cost and pain of taking delivery, taxes, and selling the car. There is an inherent risk, but potentially more upside in doing so. But selling a reservation is cash in hand, no hassle, you know your number, everyone is happy, and you are done.

Full disclosure I'm trying to buy a reservation now to get a new personal vehicle. But if I had reservations I'd be selling them, not taking delivery unless I was keeping the car.

You might be right but just to let you know, there is no sales taxes for electric cars in NJ. All addtional fees are less than $400 (title $60, registration $311, tire $6, online processing $9.85) and they will delivery it to you. If I sell my car after I receive it, who knows how much more I can receive for it when people actually can see it in person.

As far as I know, I can also get the $7,500 federal tax credit if I am the first registered owner.

A lot of people are ordering this now to receive it in 2023. I think it will better than selling reservation with a big discount.

I am also trying to sell my Tesla X reservation at the current retail price or very close, and I think it is very reasonable to ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jmp123
You might be right but just to let you know, there is no sales taxes for electric cars in NJ. All addtional fees are less than $400 (title $60, registration $311, tire $6, online processing $9.85) and they will delivery it to you. If I sell my car after I receive it, who knows how much more I can receive for it when people actually can see it in person.

As far as I know, I can also get the $7,500 federal tax credit if I am the first registered owner.

A lot of people are ordering this now to receive it in 2023. I think it will better than selling reservation with a big discount.

I am also trying to sell my Tesla X reservation at the current retail price or very close, and I think it is very reasonable to ask.
That's an amazing perk in NJ. I think a couple other states as well.

Reactions: voxel and NJSYK
  4. CT Ready ?
I’m interested in your model y if you want to message me about it. Let me know.