Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X75D 6 seat config Trade feeler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im thinking about trading my X for an S, wanted to see if there was any interest.

Late 2016 Build
75D
6 seat config
Obsidian Black on Tan
Free super charging
Tow package
AP 2 not enabled
6500 miles
Rubber all weather mats
2nd seat has evannex seat covers professionally installed from day 1

I'd consider trading for an S
Must have at least AP 1 or AP2
Relatively low miles, under 20k
The newer the better, prefer facelift but open
Must be a D

Im willing to figure out cash either way, looking for a fair deal for both parties, not looking for a one sided deal.

Not desperate at all, but open to the idea if anyone is interested.

Located in NJ
Message me if interested with details of what you have

What price point were you thinking of for selling your X? Don't have a Model S handy to trade you, but could possibly be interested if it made sense vs. what Tesla has for inventory/CPO.

To be honest, I was not really thinking of flat out selling it, becasue I would have to then figure out another car, and I don't want to buy new. So I would need to have either a private party that I wanted or a CPO that I wanted, and I have not gone that far. I took a quick look on eBay and there is one that is very similar to mine with a few thousand less miles and Premium package, but without towing and without some other things I put into it, and its bid up to 78 with a few days left. My guess is the value of mine is 3-5k less than that one wherever it closes, but not sure. I'd listen to offers, but would prefer the right trade come a long, just makes life a bit easier.

I have a fully loaded 85d with AP 1 but it has close to 60k miles, would you still be interested in doling a trade and I add cash?

This one is a tricky one, my initial feeling is it would not work out well for me, because you are past the biggest depreciation hit, and I am in the middle of it. I don't mind the miles as much as I just don't think it would be easy to work out the difference to where it makes sense for both of us.

I have a great suggestion for you.. Approach Tesla and ask for a trade-in value for both parties and that will give you an honest medium to work from. Then you can decide on features and wants with a logical approach to determining value.
Hope that helps.
PS I love my S.. I think an X would be great too though.

I have a great suggestion for you.. Approach Tesla and ask for a trade-in value for both parties and that will give you an honest medium to work from. Then you can decide on features and wants with a logical approach to determining value.
Hope that helps.
PS I love my S.. I think an X would be great too though.

Yeah, there are plenty of ways to come up with a proxy for trade value, this is certainly one of them. The bigger challenge is coming up with a trade that works for both parties.

Hey, I'd rather have an X. I have a S 60D that can be upgraded to 75D. Mine is December 2016 build, with 99xx miles on it. It does have EAP actviated (AP2), but not FSD. Blue exterior, black interior.

What do you think?

Here's my details:
Tesla Model S 60D built November 2016, delivered December 2016
Base 60D $71000 (upgradable to 75D)
Blue $1000
Sunroof $2000
Enhanced Auto Pilot (AP2 hardware) $5000
Miles: 9946

Currently running 17.17.4 (software 8.1)
EPA rated mileage is 218. I currently get 221 miles on a charge, yes higher than EPA rating.

My purchase price was $85,221.75 which includes tax and license.
Car has custom rims with the factory tires, AND factory rims with Michelin X-Ice snow tires. $2100 for this.
Also added WeatherTech floor mats in front and back, and I have the original carpet mats as well. $250.
I also added custom Tesla logo puddle lamps and custom trunk lamps $100.
My “all in” purchase price was $87,671.

Hey, I'd rather have an X. I have a S 60D that can be upgraded to 75D. Mine is December 2016 build, with 99xx miles on it. It does have EAP actviated (AP2), but not FSD. Blue exterior, black interior.

What do you think?

Here's my details:
Tesla Model S 60D built November 2016, delivered December 2016
Base 60D $71000 (upgradable to 75D)
Blue $1000
Sunroof $2000
Enhanced Auto Pilot (AP2 hardware) $5000
Miles: 9946

Currently running 17.17.4 (software 8.1)
EPA rated mileage is 218. I currently get 221 miles on a charge, yes higher than EPA rating.

My purchase price was $85,221.75 which includes tax and license.
Car has custom rims with the factory tires, AND factory rims with Michelin X-Ice snow tires. $2100 for this.
Also added WeatherTech floor mats in front and back, and I have the original carpet mats as well. $250.
I also added custom Tesla logo puddle lamps and custom trunk lamps $100.
My “all in” purchase price was $87,671.

If this was any other color than Blue, this would have been very interesting to me. I know a lot of people love the blue, I just am not crazy about it. Everything else about the car is great for a trade. Let me think about this one and see what else pops up.

Since I have a hefty loan on this, Im thinking the trade is just going to be too difficult. I really don't want to have to pay off my car to get the title, without getting the money back, and getting a car instead. I think this would be much more do-able if I did not have a loan on the car. I probably should have thought threw this a bit more before posting. I may just try to sell it and buy a CPO or private party S instead. Not sure yet.

The problem with a '16 non auto pilot X is that you will be upside down on a loan unless you put down a large down payment and got a substantial discount you will still have to cut a check back to the bank over what you can sell it for. That's the tough part about the way Tesla does the model years by the calendar year you can buy a fresh built car in December and to the rest of the world( banks, dealers, retail buyers) it's a year old car already.

The problem with a '16 non auto pilot X is that you will be upside down on a loan unless you put down a large down payment and got a substantial discount you will still have to cut a check back to the bank over what you can sell it for. That's the tough part about the way Tesla does the model years by the calendar year you can buy a fresh built car in December and to the rest of the world( banks, dealers, retail buyers) it's a year old car already.

Yeah, I disagree about year for Tesla, features and functionality is much more important than year. Look at no AP, AP1 vs AP2, Next Gen seats vs. original, they all happened mid year and have a far bigger impact on price than the year of the car.

Its not like other cars that have distinct features per model year.

Yeah, I disagree about year for Tesla, features and functionality is much more important than year. Look at no AP, AP1 vs AP2, Next Gen seats vs. original, they all happened mid year and have a far bigger impact on price than the year of the car.

Its not like other cars that have distinct features per model year.
Yeah options may help sell a particular used car but the biggest variable is the year and then options are add or minus. There is a big difference in value of a December '16 vs a January '17 car. All things being equal Lease company's dealers and banks base values and residuals on model year and that isn't my opinion, it's just a fact. Tesla discounts a 16 car more than a 17 that has the same equipment.

Yeah options may help sell a particular used car but the biggest variable is the year and then options are add or minus. There is a big difference in value of a December '16 vs a January '17 car. All things being equal Lease company's dealers and banks base values and residuals on model year and that isn't my opinion, it's just a fact. Tesla discounts a 16 car more than a 17 that has the same equipment.

LOL, your so wrong its not even funny, but I really don't care to argue with you, good day.

Funny... I considered offering up the same trade, just on the other side of the deal. I have a 2015 P85D but it's leased. I wrote the post and ultimately decided that the logistics of transferring two leases and finding someone with a leased X that would want to trade was unlikely.

I'd be down for that deal though and I have a cheap lease. $770 a month.

Since I have a hefty loan on this, Im thinking the trade is just going to be too difficult. I really don't want to have to pay off my car to get the title, without getting the money back, and getting a car instead. I think this would be much more do-able if I did not have a loan on the car. I probably should have thought threw this a bit more before posting. I may just try to sell it and buy a CPO or private party S instead. Not sure yet.
I thought of the same thing as I also have a loan on it. Was wondering if i could resecure the loan against a new vin? Not sure if they do that.

Funny... I considered offering up the same trade, just on the other side of the deal. I have a 2015 P85D but it's leased. I wrote the post and ultimately decided that the logistics of transferring two leases and finding someone with a leased X that would want to trade was unlikely.

I'd be down for that deal though and I have a cheap lease. $770 a month.

I think the lease as well as the cross country makes this nearly impossible, or it would be something I would be very interested in.

I thought of the same thing as I also have a loan on it. Was wondering if i could resecure the loan against a new vin? Not sure if they do that.

I don't think you will be able to secure an existing loan against a new VIN, I don't see how thats possible. At the end of the day, I think what it would come down to is simultaneously selling our cars to one another for an agreed price, and we each get financing. What makes it really difficult, is the title's not being in our possession right now.