Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Xmas Show No Longer Works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up a 2020 Model X this week and when trying to show my kids the Model Xmas Easter egg it will roll down the windows, beep loudly three times, and play the first couple notes before promptly stopping. Anyone else have any luck using that Easter egg with version 2020.24.6.1? I have never gotten it to work even after a full four finger salute reboot.

Just picked up a 2020 Model X this week and when trying to show my kids the Model Xmas Easter egg it will roll down the windows, beep loudly three times, and play the first couple notes before promptly stopping. Anyone else have any luck using that Easter egg with version 2020.24.6.1? I have never gotten it to work even after a full four finger salute reboot.
I had the exact same problem and scheduled a service appointment. A proximity sensor had come loose inside of the FWD. They fixed it at my house in about 45 minutes. Apparently it's not unusual for those sensors to come loose.

I have found the Holiday Show to be very finicky in the July 2018 Model X. It is more finicky as time goes on. It has to be on a pretty flat surface, the suspension seems to have to be set at high, you need to have about 10 feet clearance around the FWDs, and the falcon wing doors need to be not in the sun. For some reason if the sensors in the doors are hot, it will fail at the second stanza when the FWD have to go up. They will go up fine with manual or triggering the fob key for opening but will choke when they are supposed to pop up on their own.

I have not called in a service call just for that, since when the sun goes down and it is cool, they seem to work. But I am disappointed when they fail.

Just got my July 2018 model X back from service. Among other things, the driver's side door stopped working during the holiday dance and would error out. After diagnostics, the "pinch door sensors" came loose and were causing the failure. The sensors were reconnected and lines rerouted and additional clips were placed to hold the sensor wiring in place. I hope this fixes the problem. The neighborhood kids were disappointed.

Where exactly are the "pinch door sensors" located in the door? Anyone have a schematic?