Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 0- 60 mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Tesla will release some updates to make the Model Y launch harder. There is plenty software involved in performance we don’t know of and it’s too new of a car. They even got more coming for the m3 in the future as well. It’s gonna be amazing to see. They will likely also release ludacris more for all their P cars, and a boost upgrade for the AWD. Tesla seems just as money hungry as any other car makers lol

Reactions: preilly44
Are there lighter 21" wheels one could use?
Martian has 20" wheels that are WAY lighter. Stronger too. (Forged.) 8.5" and 9.5". About 20 pounds a wheel; 18 pounds per wheel lighter than the Ubertines. The 8.5" are 35mm offset, but you can order any offset you want if you call them. My special order cost no more, other than time. Tesla Model Y 20

So why did you custom order? What did you change from the standard offering?
I wanted to stay with stock geometry. I ordered 19" x 8.5" rims with the stock 45mm offset. (Standard offering with the 8.5" rims is 35mm offset.) This will result in the outer rim face being inboard from stock .5". (1" narrower wheel.) I wanted the narrower wheel so the rim would be protected a bit by the tire from curb rash. I wanted the stock offset to keep the stock geometry and to keep the tire tread in the stock position. This will allow me to safely use whatever tire chain options end up being offered by Tesla. Most people prefer to keep the outer rim face in the stock position with narrower rims (asthetics); I prefer to keep the tire tread in the stock position. (Stock geometry.) Factory wheels are 9.5" with a 45mm offset. (Non PUP.)

I own a 2020 Model Y LR AWD with the Performance Boost Upgrade, Tesla claims my 0 to 60 as 4.2 seconds.

My DRAGY reports my 0 to 60 times as follows:

4.14 WITHOUT the 1-foot rollout
3.94 WITH the 1-foot rollout

p4OLsqF.png

tUtEDpT.png

My SOC during this test was just at 90% but my battery wasn't fully WARMED as I still had 2 "dots" showing on the left side of the POWER METER. And it was kind of COOL that morning at 46 degrees, I could feel my tires "clawing" for grip so I believe I may have left a wee bit on the table due to that. Gonna re-test on a HOT day.

It tells you right on the Tesla the site that the MYP 3.5s 0-60 time is after the subtraction of a rollout...

Yup- Tesla continuing its dishonest tradition of making the P to non-P gap look bigger than it is by using rollout for the P but not for the non-P version of the car.

I'm aware of any other car maker who does this. Some use rollout, some don't, but AFAIK all of them use the same measurement across their entire line of cars once they pick one measurement or the other.

Reactions: olsookie
I bet P owners take their cars to the strip way more than LR and SR owners.

Yup- Tesla continuing its dishonest tradition of making the P to non-P gap look bigger than it is by using rollout for the P but not for the non-P version of the car.

I'm aware of any other car maker who does this. Some use rollout, some don't, but AFAIK all of them use the same measurement across their entire line of cars once they pick one measurement or the other.

• Funny
Reactions: olsookie

That half a second not worth the price?

If you can swing the extra money, the upgrades you get buying a P are a steal. The point is… people act like the car is retarded faster and it’s not… the facts are skewed to make it appear that way.

it’s all relative... I wanted a sports car.. so the MYP gets me closer to that dream. In the end.. the MYP is still the faster car and if you can swing the price.. it’s a good value. I do agree with most that it’s not a perfect car.

Reactions: BDC62 and olsookie
I don't think of adding the 1 foot roll out as "cheating". As far as I know, every car maker uses it for their performance cars. Virtually every car magazine uses it. If you don't use it, you're making your cars look worse compared to your competition. As long as everyone is using it, it's a fair way enough way to compare cars. (Although my feeling is that it tends to favor ICE cars slightly.)
In my mind calling it 0 to 60 is cheating, they should call it 2 to 60.