Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - 1537264-00-B ECU Install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I know there’s been many posts and threads linking back to FalconFour’s original thread. There are a lot of tutorials out there on how to take apart the Model 3 and swap out the Gen4 ECUs but I can’t seem to find anything on the Model Y. Does anyone have pictures / videos of how to properly access the ECU on the MY? I figured I’d ask here first before I started yanking off panels in the trunk 😁

Remove left side of the rubber seal. Remove the upper and lower interior panels (and a few smaller panels that cover them first). Should be pretty intuitive. There are no screws for the panels, only clips. There is a youtube video somewhere explaining how to remove the headliner in order to tint the roof - that video has some of these steps explained in it.

Reactions: theoriginalkar
Is this true even though I have version 2022.12.3.20? If yes, I guess I'll just have to wait until I get the next version.
Just noticed you have a 2018 model, you probably need to get the bundle of wires as well, you plug it straight it.

Here is more info on the retrofit: