Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Joshjaz

Mar 8, 2021
Maine
I've got them installed and they look great!

The tires fit really well. The stock 9.5" rims are really the max width the 255 width tires can accommodate, and they're a little stretched on the stock rims. 8.5" is a lot more natural.

I've never heard or read about what they described. I think there would be *less* issue on 8.5" because it isn't as stretched out.

View attachment 613504

frankvb

Supporting Member
Feb 29, 2020
San Diego, CA

Hey Frank, What do you plan on doing with your OEM wheels?
Don't have the OEM wheels anymore - replaced them with TSportline 20" wheels immediately after purchase. Moving over to 19" as I'm not too happy with the 10" wide wheels causing curb rash very easily, and the ride quality will hopefully improve a bit as well with 19" (and they are quite a bit lighter). In hindsight should have kept the Geminis :)

BTW: planning to sell the TSportline TST wheels after changing (probably for around $1300 including TPMS and Michelin PS A/S3+ tires).

Last edited:
Reactions: everydaychris

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC