Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model Y 19" vs 20" Decision Guide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the grey...was thinking of going inductions but maybe I will get the Geminis and swap them out with these. If the inductions came in grey instead of black I would just stick with the inductions. Although, not a huge fan of the logo in the middle. would rather have a Tesla logo or nothing.

Wonder how these would impact the range compared to geminis and inductions?
If they are like all of TSportline's other wheels, they will take a Tesla center cap.

Yeah they are pretty good about that. I bought the TSTs, but honestly $2000 for these rims in black and swapping out the tire is a good deal. Total game changer! I truthfully don't see a reason to go with inductions as you could use these as a swap, or pay essentially the different in just tires and get a set of 20"s with tpms included. Good job, Tsportline!

I like the grey...was thinking of going inductions but maybe I will get the Geminis and swap them out with these. If the inductions came in grey instead of black I would just stick with the inductions. Although, not a huge fan of the logo in the middle. would rather have a Tesla logo or nothing.

If they are like all of TSportline's other wheels, they will take a Tesla center cap.

Like our TSS and TST, the TSV accepts the factory Tesla center cap.

Reactions: iamnid and MrTemple

I went with Gemini and planned to swap them out as well. These TSV wheels are a interesting mix of Induction and Uberturbine, and have just supplanted TSS as my preferred option.

Hello all!

First, thank you all, and especially MrTemple, for the great information presented here! Based on your suggestions, I've come to a purchase plan of sorts. Before I press the checkout buttons, I wanted to ask opinions and see if I was forgetting/neglecting anything.

Currently have the TMY PUP with the staggered 21" Ubers and Pirelli tiress. For issues of curb rash and some winter mountain driving, I have the following setup planned and ready to buy:

- Replika R241 20" x 8.5" (5x114.3mm, +35, 64.1mm)
- Quatrac Pro 255/40R20 All-Weather tires (M+S)
- can't seem to find a direct source for TPS so swapping from OEM

Thoughts? Is this going to work, at least on paper? Thanks!

Hello all!

First, thank you all, and especially MrTemple, for the great information presented here! Based on your suggestions, I've come to a purchase plan of sorts. Before I press the checkout buttons, I wanted to ask opinions and see if I was forgetting/neglecting anything.

Currently have the TMY PUP with the staggered 21" Ubers and Pirelli tiress. For issues of curb rash and some winter mountain driving, I have the following setup planned and ready to buy:

- Replika R241 20" x 8.5" (5x114.3mm, +35, 64.1mm)
- Quatrac Pro 255/40R20 All-Weather tires (M+S)
- can't seem to find a direct source for TPS so swapping from OEM

Thoughts? Is this going to work, at least on paper? Thanks!

I have another thread going about this but the OEM wheel is 9.5 in and you are stepping down to an 8.5. might want to check the load rating on those wheels just in case. I'm still trying to figure out why Tesla went with 9.5's.

As others have mentioned, thank you @MrTemple for the detail and information thread in this thread! I know it's just been a couple of weeks but I'm intrigued by your update on Sept 16 that said you may reconsider things. Have you gotten hands on the Replika wheels yet? Just ordered an MY and am still agonizing over this decision...

As others have mentioned, thank you @MrTemple for the detail and information thread in this thread! I know it's just been a couple of weeks but I'm intrigued by your update on Sept 16 that said you may reconsider things. Have you gotten hands on the Replika wheels yet? Just ordered an MY and am still agonizing over this decision...

Not yet! They should be arriving at my tire shop tomorrow (Oct 8), so it'll be a couple more days before I can check them out.

Powder coated Geminis with this protective strip from Amazon. $195/wheel on the San Francisco peninsula. The protection strip needs two packages for all 4 wheels.

82FB6BC1-A39C-4C0A-B922-EADA9E1A9305.jpeg

Powder coated Geminis with this protective strip from Amazon. $195/wheel on the San Francisco peninsula. The protection strip needs two packages for all 4 wheels.

View attachment 596171

Holy smokes! $200/wheel? Why not just buy new rims and sell the gemini rims to somebody looking for winters? Probably could have shaken out around $50 per wheel.

And even if you really wanted to keep the Geminis, you probably could have gotten a lot lower cost to coat them.

Holy smokes! $200/wheel? Why not just buy new rims and sell the gemini rims to somebody looking for winters? Probably could have shaken out around $50 per wheel.

And even if you really wanted to keep the Geminis, you probably could have gotten a lot lower cost to coat them.

I like the look of the Geminis and where I live in California, we don’t do winter. $195/wheel is pretty much what everybody is quoting locally.