Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 2021 Purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kind of annoying when people replay like this. Just because someone paid $65k for a car, doesn't mean they want to spend extra for features that used to be included. Everyone has a limit to their expenses. But I guess you like people taking money out of your pocket, for no reason.
I like many don’t like people taking money for no reason which is why Im happy this an available option and not something I have to pay for and not use! Nothing is free or included. It is added to the BOM.

Kind of annoying when people replay like this. Just because someone paid $65k for a car, doesn't mean they want to spend extra for features that used to be included. Everyone has a limit to their expenses. But I guess you like people taking money out of your pocket, for no reason.

Except, as noted, many other car makers charge for things Tesla now includes for free.

So it's pretty dishonest to single out one thing Tesla charges extra for as somehow being different or unusual among cars in this price class.

• Disagree
Reactions: Resist
I think of Homelink as you are paying Tesla for the software development, integration and GPS aware function to auto open and close the door. Yes other cars might/might not come standard with Homelink but without this level of software integration it’s no better than my old clicker.

Kind of annoying when people fail to put things in a realistic perspective and feel the need to debate everything.

• Disagree
Reactions: Resist and Yelobird
I like many don’t like people taking money for no reason which is why Im happy this an available option and not something I have to pay for and not use! Nothing is free or included. It is added to the BOM.
Yet it used to be included in the price of the car. You're not getting a reduction for it not being included. And by Tesla not giving a price deduction, shows how they are like all the other auto manufactures just greed based.

• Disagree
Reactions: thinktwice
Yet it used to be included in the price of the car. You're not getting a reduction for it not being included. And by Tesla not giving a price deduction, shows how they are like all the other auto manufactures just greed based.
Since you know Sooo much about their internal margins, can you show me when homelink was removed from the Model Y in this conspiracy to make greed money? Year and month if you can