Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 2021 Rear Door PPF Came with vehicle.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2021 Model Y came with PPF film installed on the rear doors, is that new and normal for 2021? I had not noticed until they got a bit dirty at the edge. I had already purchased some from Abstract Ocean. Hope I return.
Starting some time in June, it has been unofficial that northern climates are getting front mud flaps and/or rear PPF installed prior to delivery. I live in Philadelphia and had delivery last week and received neither. I had also already pre-purchased both and was way past my return window. So at least I had the satisfaction on installing them myself.

I believe everyone in Canada have been getting the front mud flaps. Again, unofficially.

Reactions: cancoi
Starting some time in June, it has been unofficial that northern climates are getting front mud flaps and/or rear PPF installed prior to delivery. I live in Philadelphia and had delivery last week and received neither. I had also already pre-purchased both and was way past my return window. So at least I had the satisfaction on installing them myself.

I believe everyone in Canada have been getting the front mud flaps. Again, unofficially.
In Canada, PPF for everyone. But mudflaps are not standard in BC.

I picked up my Model Y vin 193xxx on June 8th in Indianapolis, In. I didn't notice the PPF when I inspected the vehicle so they do blend in pretty well when the vehicle is clean. The comment by "sgalla04" was interesting as I thought at first perhaps my Y had been rejected by someone who had the PPF installed at time of delivery.

I picked up my Model Y vin 193xxx on June 8th in Indianapolis, In. I didn't notice the PPF when I inspected the vehicle so they do blend in pretty well when the vehicle is clean. The comment by "sgalla04" was interesting as I thought at first perhaps my Y had been rejected by someone who had the PPF installed at time of delivery.

It must be true. I was at Costco today 6/23 and saw another new, still had temp plate, white MY just like mine and it also had the PPF installed on the rear door.

It must be true. I was at Costco today 6/23 and saw another new, still had temp plate, white MY just like mine and it also had the PPF installed on the rear door.
At least for us it is true! I visited Tesla the weekend before pickup and found my vehicle, PPF free and with shipping plastic still on the front and rear. At pickup, PPF was installed, so your vehicle was not rejected!