Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 2022 Parcel shelf?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had no idea they were finally adding a parcel shelf to the Model Y until I saw it in this Texas Model Y reviewed for build quality by Munro Associates! Check it out starting around 8:18 in this video:

I'd love to add this to my Model Y....there's another thread in which someone discusses getting the needed pillar trim parts and shelf from Tesla, which sounds heroic to me...Tesla sucks b*alls at letting people buy their own parts based on my personal experience having them deny me a request to order some $1.50 replacement frunk trim clips. Seems impossible they'd ever let us buy the parcel shelf parts ourselves.

Here's a cross-post (sorry) to the other thead in which someone on here shows they successfully added it themselves, but others are saying Tesla won't sell them the needed parts (I really hate Tesla...):

The parcel shelf is next to useless as it only folds back a bit and severely hampers access into the boot. I wish tesla had gone for the traditional retractable type.
Mine went straight into the loft on day one!
Kind of my experience with every car I've owned with a rear cargo cover. Both my Audi Q5 and Lexus GX460 had retractable cargo covers. The result is this huge bar across your cargo bay that really screws up your capability to haul anything large. Both wound up stacked in a corner of the garage. I see no need for a rear parcel shelf on my MYP.

• Informative
Reactions: Tezla041
Kind of my experience with every car I've owned with a rear cargo cover. Both my Audi Q5 and Lexus GX460 had retractable cargo covers. The result is this huge bar across your cargo bay that really screws up your capability to haul anything large. Both wound up stacked in a corner of the garage. I see no need for a rear parcel shelf on my MYP.
Cuts down on road noise and resonance. Audi and Lexus has nice build quality with better sound proofing. Tesla makes a piece of metal capable of hauling people around. I bought a 3rd party cover and noticed a pretty significant difference the moment it was installed.

• Informative
Reactions: Tezla041
I just picked up our MY. It is 2023 model and came with a parcel shelf. Here is the picture. Is this how far this extends out or am I not pulling it out enough? How is this a shelf when it does not hide the content underneath? All the other car cargo shelves I have had in other cars extend out to fully hide the contents in the cargo section. I must be doing something wrong here.

1670817679196.png

I just picked up our MY. It is 2023 model and came with a parcel shelf. Here is the picture. Is this how far this extends out or am I not pulling it out enough? How is this a shelf when it does not hide the content underneath? All the other car cargo shelves I have had in other cars extend out to fully hide the contents in the cargo section. I must be doing something wrong here.

View attachment 883951
It should be a Z fold that you need to unfold.