Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 2022 - what should Tesla offer ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We know the new mega-casting and the 4680 battery will be included. We also know there is an onslaught of other electric cars coming in 2023. What can Tesla do to continue its market dominance? I think, take a tip from the Ford Mach E. The Mach E GT .. the most expensive version offers the fastest times and magnaride ( an active suspension).

So.. for those who want it all...

Tesla can offer..
Tesla long range Model Y performance + edition
included:
0-60 in 3.5 seconds
active suspension ( air or something else)
performance tires
range: 420 miles (thanks to 4680)
and included in all model Y's
toe hitch ( $1000)
level 5 driving ( driver monitored) ( $10,000 or $200/ mo subscription)
sirius xm satellite radio included
homelink garage door ($300 )
5 minute to charge to 50% and 15 min to 80% ( thanks to 4680 battery)
NO battery degredation ( the range you get when you take delivery never decreases!) ( thanks to 4680 battery)
tesla charging network

10 colors to choose from ( due to new paint system)
Tesla can do well with this.. people will choose the more expensive performance version because they can still get a comfortable ride due to the active suspension)

Personally, I think the Navigation could use some updating, as I find it to be horrible personally. When you make a turn, it does NOT tell you how long you will be going straight before your next turn, or which direction it even is... When it does announce it, usually right before the actual turn, it does not tell you which lane you need to be in. And if there is a fork, it may or may not tell you about said fork. This is particularly irritating when you are on a freeway, where it will fork into 3 different directions, but no lane changes are allowed the last segment, which you enter before the navigation announces where it wants you to go. (Or it does announce at the last possible moment you can switch, but traffic is too backed up... Sometimes, the fork doesn't even register in the navigation, because it thinks there isn't one. It's gotten to the point that I put a magnetic phone mount on the display, so I can use Google Maps or Waze.

Reactions: Mixman and Gy2020
We know the new mega-casting and the 4680 battery will be included. We also know there is an onslaught of other electric cars coming in 2023. What can Tesla do to continue its market dominance? I think, take a tip from the Ford Mach E. The Mach E GT .. the most expensive version offers the fastest times and magnaride ( an active suspension).

So.. for those who want it all...

Tesla can offer..
Tesla long range Model Y performance + edition
included:
0-60 in 3.5 seconds
active suspension ( air or something else)
performance tires
range: 420 miles (thanks to 4680)
and included in all model Y's
toe hitch ( $1000)
level 5 driving ( driver monitored) ( $10,000 or $200/ mo subscription)
sirius xm satellite radio included
homelink garage door ($300 )
5 minute to charge to 50% and 15 min to 80% ( thanks to 4680 battery)
NO battery degredation ( the range you get when you take delivery never decreases!) ( thanks to 4680 battery)
tesla charging network

10 colors to choose from ( due to new paint system)
Tesla can do well with this.. people will choose the more expensive performance version because they can still get a comfortable ride due to the active suspension)
Add a HUD (heads up display) to my wish list. Better paint & more colors plus active suspension would be great.