Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 21” Uberturbine Wheels - New York City Conditions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking delivery of a Model Y Performance in a couple months. Can someone who can speak from experience please tell me whether the 21” wheels will hold up day to day in New York City conditions? Or should I just swap them out for some 19” Tsportline wheels when I take delivery?

I mean they do, they have done tests for performance vehicles and what size tires get the best performance lol
I should have qualified my statement by adding “for street use”. I’m 70 and my track days are over and any loss of outright max G’s on public roads is lost on me. On the other hand, if you need MAX G’s when out and about running errands or going to work, have fun.

oh and I took delivery of our MYP on Aug 25th, got lucky, came with the Michelin A/S tires, mud flaps, PPF and new door cards and the vehicle was PERFECT.
wAJJR58.jpg

Getting PPF
5jGQThc.jpg

So far the new PMY rides BETTER than my 2020 LR AWD Y, I actually could live with the 21s, but then I hit a pothole I couldn’t avoid and while I didn’t suffer any damage I realized I’m living on borrowed time. So the 21s are coming off and the 18s going on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0