Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y/3 Pedestrian Speaker retrofit - now available for certain vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, it applies to the Y, Mobile Service is coming this Thursdays to activate mine and redeploy the firmware with the boombox app on mine.
My local SC said they could not do it via mobile ranger. I will be curious if they do as that will save me time driving in later this week. Mine was originally scheduled for mobile until they contacted me saying they had to lift the vehicle to install.

My local SC said they could not do it via mobile ranger. I will be curious if they do as that will save me time driving in later this week. Mine was originally scheduled for mobile until they contacted me saying they had to lift the vehicle to install.
Just had today done, it IS mobile compatible, Manny the local FL Mobile tech is an OG tech one of their best, literally 20 minutes and done, a lift is Not required, this is the problem with Tesla and their communication, whoever manages scheduling is done at the local SC and they aren't always knowledgeable. Plenty of times I've had to point out stuff to them to get stuff moved on correctly. It is literally instal the speaker, 3 screws, use a laptop plug it in car port, run a script redeploy firmware and done.

Just had today done, it IS mobile compatible, Manny the local FL Mobile tech is an OG tech one of their best, literally 20 minutes and done, a lift is Not required, this is the problem with Tesla and their communication, whoever manages scheduling is done at the local SC and they aren't always knowledgeable. Plenty of times I've had to point out stuff to them to get stuff moved on correctly. It is literally instal the speaker, 3 screws, use a laptop plug it in car port, run a script redeploy firmware and done.
Good to know as I will contact my service center.

Good to know as I will contact my service center.
I will say my local tech, is open mind kind of guy so that works on my end, if your local ones are more protocol, maybe this why you got run around, sure you can lift remove aero shield and do it that way, but that takes extra time or equipment, alternatively, you can go, turn steering to left, loosen rt wheel well cover and voila, access.;)

Have considered the PWS install for my 2020 in order to get Boombox. But, many people really seem to dislike the PWS. Has anyone recorded it? Is it just when driving in Reverse, or low-speed FWD, too? What speeds?
I'm not a fan of it. I have it in my 2021 MY and it does make a noise in reverse only (so far). This is an unnecessary law as some of these newer ice cars are just as quiet as an electric car at slow speeds. I plan to disable it soon

I'm not a fan of it. I have it in my 2021 MY and it does make a noise in reverse only (so far). This is an unnecessary law as some of these newer ice cars are just as quiet as an electric car at slow speeds. I plan to disable it soon
my wife's Camry hybrid is just as quiet when start out on the electric only. If I'm careful, I can get about 2 miles before the gas kicks in