Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - 5 seater vs 7 seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry new here. can't fugure how to edit my original post. Does the 7 seater have the same leg room in the SECOND ROW as the 5 seater if the second row seats are pushed all the way back, with the third row folded down? I'm confident this would be the same, but wanted to be absolutely sure.

Please advise. Thanks!

I haven't measured it on my but it seems the same. There is a lot of room behind the front seats and I had 2 tall guys in my car in the back seat. They were both over 6' and I am over 6' and had my seat all the way back and they still had room behind me.

Sorry new here. can't fugure how to edit my original post. Does the 7 seater have the same leg room in the SECOND ROW as the 5 seater if the second row seats are pushed all the way back, with the third row folded down? I'm confident this would be the same, but wanted to be absolutely sure.

Please advise. Thanks!
Here are comparison with 2nd row seats all the way back against folded 3rd row seats of 7 seater and 5 seater Model Y.

It's pretty close, with maybe 1/4 inch difference.

Attachments

• 20211119_205502.jpg
    20211119_205502.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 261
  • 20211119_211351.jpg
    20211119_211351.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 212
  • 20211119_210653.jpg
    20211119_210653.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 20211119_210125.jpg
    20211119_210125.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 217
Reactions: BEMY
Here are comparison with 2nd row seats all the way back against folded 3rd row seats of 7 seater and 5 seater Model Y.

It's pretty close, with maybe 1/4 inch difference.
Thanks you so much RoBoRaT. This information was hard to find and you got it all together on this post. Thanks! I will keep the 7 passenger on order then as the 2 row is basically not changed/same leg room.

Ps. Looks like 2nd row floor mats are the same mold for both 7 passenger and 5 passenger for second row.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Thanks you so much RoBoRaT. This information was hard to find and you got it all together on this post. Thanks! I will keep the 7 passenger on order then as the 2 row is basically not changed/same leg room.

Ps. Looks like 2nd row floor mats are the same mold for both 7 passenger and 5 passenger for second row.
I never tried to swap the mats (bought 1.5 years apart) to see if any difference between the two.
Got them from Tesmanian here:

I have seat belt tenders on order, my wife is under 5' tall and hates the seat belts in the Y more than most cars. For me, in my preferred driving position (a bit of lean back, not extreme) it gets me in the neck as well. Why make a seat belt anchor adjustable if you are only going to give it a small range of motion? Waste of effort and money, just put a seatbelt "guide" on the shoulder of the seat itself.

If they made a 7 seater MYP I would have considered it, but the cost is a bit much for what you get. I wonder if a MYP could be retrofitted with parts from a wrecked MY LR 7 seater?

Keith
Totally, I hate how they don't offer the 7-seat on the MYP.

Just get acceleration boost. Gets you most of the Performance's acceleration capability without the harsh ride. The rest is all easy to add stuff if you really wanted. Super easy to make your 7 seater look like a P especially if you want to bolt on the heavy and easy to rash 21" wheels that kill your range.

Reactions: OrthoSurg