Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 6400 mile road trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Frunk has 2 soft luggage’s that are made for the Model 3 or Y. Will have to go back and look to see what online store I got those from.

Here is one but other companies carry these.

Fred

The wooden table shown above slips down under the passenger seat and you can pull it out for when you’re ready to eat, the bottom folds open with magnets. Company that makes them is posted below. I purchased the plain one and painted it myself.
995C938A-F6D7-4142-B5C3-7BBBFD6B7DAB.jpeg
E8BDA3AA-C2FD-41FE-95F1-1CFEAEB1E28C.jpeg
73E4BADA-BB3F-48FB-9281-0978CAB082D2.jpeg

I can’t make out the company from the photo. Can you provide a link?

But they sold out, and the new run is going to be 50% more expensive. Probably a combination of wood has gotten more expensive and hey, if they sell out I can charge more! Which, yes, good for him. Looks like nice workmanship, and a very helpful thing to have for long drives.

Also, unlike certain Tesla-aftermarket companies, he's only asking for 10 (refundable) bucks to pre-order, and is up-front about it being a pre-order.

But they sold out, and the new run is going to be 50% more expensive. Probably a combination of wood has gotten more expensive and hey, if they sell out I can charge more! Which, yes, good for him. Looks like nice workmanship, and a very helpful thing to have for long drives.

Also, unlike certain Tesla-aftermarket companies, he's only asking for 10 (refundable) bucks to pre-order, and is up-front about it being a pre-order.
Thanks! Placed a pre-order. I was literally telling my wife last week that I should design something similar and laser cut a piece of wood.

Bump! Any thoughts on your CHADeMO adapter Wennfred? Anyone else have much use for it?
So sorry man, got busy with life, ok I’ve never had to use the CHAdeMO adapter once on this trip or any long distance trips, I’ve only used it locally a few times to make sure it worked and that was EA, Blink & Charge Point. So in long cross country trips like this one it’s good to have because some areas might not have SC’ers. But there were plenty of Super Chargers everywhere. I recommend not to buy one. Only if your town doesn’t have a Supercharger working 200 miles.

Note: that my first CHAdeMO didn’t work out of the box, it would make a Pop sound and then you can smell the smoke. Had it replaced and the new one works fine.

Fred

Last edited: