Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 7-Seat - 2nd Row Custom Covers - Amazing!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disclaimer: this post is *NOT* sponsored, just wanted to share this amazing find I discovered for seat covers for the 2nd-row seats on the 7-seater Model Y.

I have been on the hunt for covers since I got my Y in Spring 2021 with no luck. I contacted a few custom-fitted companies and none had what was needed for the 2nd row of the 7-seater because it has both a 60/40 and 40/20/40 split. I somehow came across FH Group Auto and they just happen to have exactly what we need! I was hesitant on purchasing since I hadn't heard of them before, but for ~$160 ($189.99 + 15% off coupon from their newsletter) I bit the bullet and figured even if they were cheap quality, its the best I've found so far that wasn't a complete seat replacement. They also have multiple colors in case you want to switch yours up.

Neoprene Custom Fit Rear Seat Covers for 2020 - 2021 Tesla Model Y

I ordered the cover on a Tuesday, it shipped the next day, and within 1 week of ordering, it was at my doorstep. I immediately installed them and I've gotta say, I 100% recommend them! Every time I went to install a piece I would think... oh they probably didn't do something for this or that and to my surprise, they had thought about it all. The seat has a combination of velcro straps, click straps, and a zipper (for the driver-side seat due to the seatbelt in the middle). It is a perfect fit in every way.

it also had an added bonus for me of having a cloth material on the back that I installed my canvas back covers too, which they velcroed to as good as they did the back of the seats themselves. Canvasback covers are another product I highly recommend if you need them (Tesla Model Y Cargo Liner)

For the front seat, I bought these over a year ago and they are still in excellent condition, and they happen to match the back seats almost exactly, although it's PU vs neoprene (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S5KYHVL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I wasn't interested in front seat covers since I like the leather, but wanted protection on the rear ones for 3 pre/teenage boys. However, I would recommend the front ones from FH Group if you're looking for those based on the quality of the rear ones, or the amazon ones if you want just the seat bottom.

20220720_075223 (1).jpg
20220720_075326.jpg

Attachments

• 20220720_075250 (1).jpg
    20220720_075250 (1).jpg
    403 KB · Views: 281
  • 20220720_075306 (1).jpg
    20220720_075306 (1).jpg
    505 KB · Views: 290
These are pretty ugly. Probably the best you can get as far as seat covers. But woof. As much as I wanna protect my white seats, the reason I got those seats is cause they make me happy when I look at them. They’re beautiful. So I’m not about to cover them up. Best I could do is put some Gyeon leather protectant and wear light colored pants each time I drive.

These would work for a 5 seater as well, right?
I would think not because the 7-seater 2nd row seats have a 60/40 bench split and they slide independently. The 5-seater is one piece.
These are pretty ugly. Probably the best you can get as far as seat covers. But woof. As much as I wanna protect my white seats, the reason I got those seats is cause they make me happy when I look at them. They’re beautiful. So I’m not about to cover them up. Best I could do is put some Gyeon leather protectant and wear light colored pants each time I drive.
After having them for 5+ months, id say they look quite nice and I often forget I have cover on them. Granted the seats without covers are much nicer; with kids and a dog, I'd much rather have covers on but didn't want to get anything that wasn't custom fit.

There's also a different asthetic to white seats, covering them would probably be more obvious in contrast

Thanks to your review, I ordered and installed them today. Took over an hour of concerted neck twisting and up-side down acrobatics. Amazing amount of detailed work that went into making this cover. Everything fits perfectly. Only complaint I have is that the material between the sliding seats should be ultra thin - not neoprene. There is now noticeable friction moving the seats forth and back. The black looks great btw, better in real life than in the above pictures.

I also wish FH would make the 3rd row covers. We'll likely be getting out the sewing machine.

Thanks to your review, I ordered and installed them today. Took over an hour of concerted neck twisting and up-side down acrobatics. Amazing amount of detailed work that went into making this cover. Everything fits perfectly. Only complaint I have is that the material between the sliding seats should be ultra thin - not neoprene. There is now noticeable friction moving the seats forth and back. The black looks great btw, better in real life than in the above pictures.

I also wish FH would make the 3rd row covers. We'll likely be getting out the sewing machine.
Awesome. I had to do a bunch of acrobatics too, but it turned out to be for good reason, the seat covers stay put and look like they are part of the seats themselves. I agree with the in between material, I do have to make slight adjustments to the covers after sliding it multiple times, but just a quick pull.

Also, I inquired with FH about the 3rd row and they said they do plan on making them! I'll update this post when I see them available.