Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 7 seater Floor Mat Recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To folks here: Does your model Y have a height difference between second row seats and third row seats when they are folded flat? Mine have a whole 2 inch height difference and I worry if this is a factory misalignment.
Mine does, too (4/15 build date). It would be nice if they could lower the 3rd row that inch or so to not only make the seats level, but also buy some much desired room for that 3rd row.

I ended up getting the Tesla carpeted mats since mine didnt have any in the 3rd row and they were fairly cheap. I'll get all-weathers when available. Would also like a trunk cover. I think most of the time I'll be in the 5 configuration, but still good to have.

Mine does, too (4/15 build date). It would be nice if they could lower the 3rd row that inch or so to not only make the seats level, but also buy some much desired room for that 3rd row.

I ended up getting the Tesla carpeted mats since mine didnt have any in the 3rd row and they were fairly cheap. I'll get all-weathers when available. Would also like a trunk cover. I think most of the time I'll be in the 5 configuration, but still good to have.
I agree - most of the time will be in 5 seat config except on road trips with all 3 kids. But I do want protection for everything. I reached out to tuxmat about when they may have availability for the 7 seat version as those are the mats I think I want to get ultimately. She messaged back saying I could be put on an email list to alert me when ready so I did...but it sounds like it won't be for at least a few months unfortunately.

1624456680069.png

Sounds
I agree - most of the time will be in 5 seat config except on road trips with all 3 kids. But I do want protection for everything. I reached out to tuxmat about when they may have availability for the 7 seat version as those are the mats I think I want to get ultimately. She messaged back saying I could be put on an email list to alert me when ready so I did...but it sounds like it won't be for at least a few months unfortunately.

I can deal with a couple months, sounds like it will be ready before winter. The only real worry are beach trips. I personally dont have any planned though.

I'm glad you reached out to them though. I'm not sure what Tesla's MY7 sales numbers are, but hopefully its enough to get these weather mats made soon

Reactions: GoGators!
I will tell you this, I ordered the Tesmanian all weather set and its great. It comes with a trunk liner meant for the 5-seater, but I tried it out. Word of warning, it has velcro-y type stuff on it that has the potential to pull the "fuzz" off the back of your seats if you constantly take it in and out. I did it once and it sketched me out. Thats not a complaint because its really meant to stay in there for a 5-seater and I'm using it differently

My plan is to remove that velcro-y stuff (or my wife is suggesting covering the pads with thin felt), and using it that way. Some protection is better than none. The only place it gets caught up is on the 3rd row arm rests. Contemplating cutting the mat a little so it fits better. The cargo mat was the one part of the Tesmanian set I thought I might not use, but it came with all the stuff the basic tesla set comes with (front/rear all-weather mats), plus it also had a frunk/trunk-well mats and the aforementioned cargo mat. It was also cheaper.

Reactions: SMC-tx
Hello everyone!
It is my pleasure to introduce our brand new Tesla Model Y Trunk/Frunk all weather mat kit! This comes with everything you need to protect the third row seat back, trunk, frunk, and even the under trunk and is available to order now! This is our first version and will release a second version that is our 3D material which is the same exact material as our other mats on our site. Please let us know your thought and or suggestions. Thanks!

Hey guys,
I am pleased to say that we are the first company to carry options for the 7 seater. We have received our final samples of our Model Y 7 seater third row and Model Y 7 seater trunk! Tesla Model Y 2021 All Weather Interior Liner Floormats (7 seater) *Back-Order October Production*
These are available as back order now and will be produced in October with deliveries to commence in November/December
View attachment 712515
We also just tested version I of our model y 7 seater trunk and they fit quite well! I will be sending a set of both to @zilkronix and bearded Tesla guy for a review.

In the meantime, you can check them out here:Tesla Model Y 2021 Trunk and Frunk Mats (7 seater) Version I *Back Order: September 2021 Production*
Let me know your thoughts?

Hey guys,
I am pleased to say that we are the first company to carry options for the 7 seater. We have received our final samples of our Model Y 7 seater third row and Model Y 7 seater trunk! Tesla Model Y 2021 All Weather Interior Liner Floormats (7 seater) *Back-Order October Production*
These are available as back order now and will be produced in October with deliveries to commence in November/December
View attachment 712515
We also just tested version I of our model y 7 seater trunk and they fit quite well! I will be sending a set of both to @zilkronix and bearded Tesla guy for a review.

In the meantime, you can check them out here:Tesla Model Y 2021 Trunk and Frunk Mats (7 seater) Version I *Back Order: September 2021 Production*
Let me know your thoughts?
How do the 7 seater floor mats and new cargo liners attach to the floor and seat backs (Velcro, anti skid, etc….) what about 2nd row seat back liners? Thanks.

I have a 7-seater and all current mats will fit the first and second row. Haven’t seen anything yet for the 3-row nor the trunk area.

I personally bought the Tesla all weather mats and can confirm they fit perfectly.

Wanted to double-check. Model Y All-Weather Interior Liners will fit 7-passenger second row? Tesla Highland Park, IL parts just told me it won't fit because of the way the second-row seat slides forward. Highland Park said Tesla/Weathertech needs to modify the design like the Model X liners where the mat goes around the seat tracks.

I've been piecing mine together on Amazon. I previously got front seat and middle row and just ordered a 7 seater specific cargo liner as well as the frunk and trunk:

Front/middle (currently $127): Amazon.com

Cargo (currently $99): Amazon.com

Trunk (currently $35): Amazon.com

Frunk (currently $27): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F5571WS/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_HQY67Q5EBAXHCDXC350Q

The only pieces missing now are the 3rd row (I've yet to use), and cubby sides in the back.

Edit: looks like I might need to research a middle row back cover that is compatible with 7 seater as well. The same "TPE" mats have a 5-seater, but you'd most likely need to cutoff the lower portion that would rest on the 2nd cargo hold cover of a 5 seater.

Wanted to double-check. Model Y All-Weather Interior Liners will fit 7-passenger second row? Tesla Highland Park, IL parts just told me it won't fit because of the way the second-row seat slides forward. Highland Park said Tesla/Weathertech needs to modify the design like the Model X liners where the mat goes around the seat tracks.
I have Tesmanian all weather liners for my 7 seater for the first and second rows, they have high edges and don't interfere with the forward slide of the first or specifically the second row seats. I am not sure of OEM Tesla liners.

Attachments

• PXL_20211118_002828738.jpg
    PXL_20211118_002828738.jpg
    672.3 KB · Views: 98
So like like, what happened to tshields? Thought they were shipping out this month and still nothing and now I see they’re banned?
Ya I just saw they were banned in the update post 18. And someone defending them named Brittany. Wonder if it's a case of using fake supporter accounts or harassing people complaining about the long wait times.