Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y A Pillar not flush

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a mode Y LR last week , at the time of delivery I didn’t notice it but when in my garage I saw the A Pillar wasn’t completely flushed (driver side) the other one seems okay.

I reported this to SC and have my appointment with them in a couple of weeks
Has anyone got this issue and can share how it was addressed ?

Attachments

• 3EEE70AD-9F08-44A3-B0E1-AA92FDC57747.jpeg
    3EEE70AD-9F08-44A3-B0E1-AA92FDC57747.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 422
  • 971CDE71-5C04-4CCB-86CE-FD7D15D79F60.jpeg
    971CDE71-5C04-4CCB-86CE-FD7D15D79F60.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 254
I took delivery of a mode Y LR last week , at the time of delivery I didn’t notice it but when in my garage I saw the A Pillar wasn’t completely flushed (driver side) the other one seems okay.

I reported this to SC and have my appointment with them in a couple of weeks
Has anyone got this issue and can share how it was addressed ?
Yes I had the excat the same problem, took to SC , they fix it but mess up the door ( became under flash to the fender ), went back the 2nd time, they end up putting thing back to where it was , if not worse, the Pillar came out about 0.1 inch more. Hope you will have a better luck, Me and my wife decide to live with it

Attachments

• 20210926_154319.jpg
    20210926_154319.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 203
Yes I had the excat the same problem, took to SC , they fix it but mess up the door ( became under flash to the fender ), went back the 2nd time, they end up putting thing back to where it was , if not worse, the Pillar came out about 0.1 inch more. Hope you will have a better luck, Me and my wife decide to live with it
20211208_182056.jpg

After 2 visits, I figure there is no way to fix it, because what ever they move ( adjust ) it will affect other panenls and fenders, this issue came down to this part of the metal is off by few millimeter when made. My co worker's model Y look better on the A pillar than us but his Fruck and the driver door has bigger gap than mine, I took delviery at end of Sepmeter 2021

Also, after the 2nd visit, the somehow move the driver door a little so it start to make a metal hitting nosie when i close my door, But I was lucky, that when one of my side camera mal fucntion, the APP automatic send a notice allowing me to send a reqest for mobile tech to come out in 3 days, when that Teach came out which was here 2 days ago, I show him the metal hitting noise, he said it is easy, he just adjust the striker plate inside , then the metal nosie is gone.. So good luck on your visit, I am think to go back the 3rd time for this A piller alingment thing, but my wife doesnt want our brand new car to get "adjusted" again, PLEAE LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPEN TO YOURS, if your SC fix it, then I will go back to try again :) Cheer

Why csnt they adjust the top end of the front fender? I guess again this will mess up alignment with the front hood and gaps to the door.

So what’s the final solution here? Live with it?
That’s ridiculous. Maybe a way to shave down the metal of the A pillar and repaint?