Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y acceration boost vs Lambo Huracan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love it when some lowered, rumbling, wide wheel tuned up big brand ICE car tries to race, and as we pass them, my daughter and her big teddy bear wave at them from the rear seat.
ICE cars that had their lunch money taken by my MY w/o AB include, C7 Vette, Camaro LT1s, Mustang GTs, countless BMWs and MBZs etc. The downside? My P-Zero rubbers, at just 8000 miles old, are about done. I figure I have about another 2k miles. :D Just found a new set for a great deal though.

Nice! I passed a Lambo chasing a Porsche going the opposite way yesterday. Similar color too. There were 5 or 6 cars in that particular train.

Lambo_chasing_Porsche.jpg

I thought I was going to get lucky when I pulled up behind a McLaren and Ferrari the other day. Unfortunately, they both pulled over and parked. I still had a good run, though.

This is not the performance Y, simply a model Y LR with the $2000 acceleration boost option. Not bad for a family SUV. Watch Tesla Model Y With Acceleration Boost Race Lamborghini Huracan

Unfortunately, this is down to botched driving or bad hookup from the Lambo, not quickness from the Tesla. The Huracan can easily do sub-3 second 0-60s. Though I suppose it shows that the Model Y is easy to drive quickly.

Good point. His reaction time was poor and the ground was wet. (Too lazy to google, but i assume that lambo is RWD).

But it does show one advantage of EV: consistent acceleration is more likely with EV vs ICE. The timing of gear shifting (even with dual clutch superfast transmissions) getting launch just right, etc...those are factors that on the street, typically equate to not easily meeting published 0-60 times.

I would still say consistency is more impressive than numbers in a perfect world. Huracan is (I believe) a 2.7 second 0-60 but that is in a perfect world, the right driver, conditions, tires, perfect launch. MY is going to, for the most part be consistent numbers every time regardless of the driver.

I love my MYP, but man do I miss those engine/exhaust sounds sometimes!!!

On a MY LR does having the acceleration boost affect the overall range of the car?
If for example you were to drive the car in the same way that you would drive a Y without the boost.
Yes, I know that when you step on the "gas" that it eats up a lot of power. I'm just taking about for normal driving.
Thanks.

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
On a MY LR does having the acceleration boost affect the overall range of the car?
If for example you were to drive the car in the same way that you would drive a Y without the boost.
Yes, I know that when you step on the "gas" that it eats up a lot of power. I'm just taking about for normal driving.
Thanks.

Probably not considering it is just a software update (same installed hardware, probably just allowing to power to rev up a little more)!

No question, a big part of the Tesla advantage is the ease of achieving potential irrespective of conditions or driver (the other two being VERY respectable power and INSTANT response.) Knew I needed a Tesla when I got hole-shot (driving my modded BMW 1M) by a Model X in marginal (aka sl damp) conditions. Never been headed in M3P (even smoked a Taycan, but did not have opportunity to check which model...)

Good point. His reaction time was poor and the ground was wet. (Too lazy to google, but i assume that lambo is RWD).

But it does show one advantage of EV: consistent acceleration is more likely with EV vs ICE. The timing of gear shifting (even with dual clutch superfast transmissions) getting launch just right, etc...those are factors that on the street, typically equate to not easily meeting published 0-60 times.
pretty sure Hurican is AWD and it does have a launch mode. Wasn't too lazy to google but I could still be wrong on the internet you know.