Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Accessories for Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn't find an Australian thread for Model Y accessories. So opening a thread for all accessories for the RHD Model Y in Australia

I'll start with a couple of questions that relate to hubs in centre console and glove box. I see these items listed for sale but I'm not sure what the benefit of these are for? The descriptions are always delightfully vague but suggest they are must have but I have no idea what they give over the existing infrastructure.

For example:
Centre console hub USB Hub with LED Light (Dual USB-C)
Glovebox 3 Port USB Dashcam Hub

Do I need these? and why? If you own one what do you use it for (guessing Model 3 owners might have similar)?

I couldn't find an Australian thread for Model Y accessories. So opening a thread for all accessories for the RHD Model Y in Australia

I'll start with a couple of questions that relate to hubs in centre console and glove box. I see these items listed for sale but I'm not sure what the benefit of these are for? The descriptions are always delightfully vague but suggest they are must have but I have no idea what they give over the existing infrastructure.

For example:
Centre console hub USB Hub with LED Light (Dual USB-C)
Glovebox 3 Port USB Dashcam Hub

Do I need these? and why? If you own one what do you use it for (guessing Model 3 owners might have similar)?
Interior cabin stuff are almost uniform across the 3 and Y, dimensions not withstanding. The one extra item i am aware of with the Y also allows a storage bin underneath the front seats, the 3 isn't tall enough.

That first time seems rubbish given it takes up room inside the console, the photo attached is what I use, but I haven't really needed to use as you're not really in dire need of charging ports as your passenger has the wireless charger mat in the front and the passengers have their USB C ports.
O1CN01aujnlx1NciuAwqBYN_!!0-tbbala.jpg_400x400.jpg

The second item you posted goes into the glove box where the dashcam USB input is located, it's basically a powerboard for multi usbs... if you have the need for it them sure... but I've never needed it because again, there are a lot of available ports.

I haven't bought any of those simply because my M3 already has plenty of spare ports that aren't being used. If you can't identify the need for one these, then you don't need them.

Interior cabin stuff are almost uniform across the 3 and Y, dimensions not withstanding. The one extra item i am aware of with the Y also allows a storage bin underneath the front seats, the 3 isn't tall enough.

That first time seems rubbish given it takes up room inside the console, the photo attached is what I use, but I haven't really needed to use as you're not really in dire need of charging ports as your passenger has the wireless charger mat in the front and the passengers have their USB C ports.
View attachment 831353

The second item you posted goes into the glove box where the dashcam USB input is located, it's basically a powerboard for multi usbs... if you have the need for it them sure... but I've never needed it because again, there are a lot of available ports.

Thanks for the confirmation @BDB2088 and @Maximillan. I figured I would be charging any phones on the wireless pad and couldn't think what else I'd want to plug in that would need this array of extra ports but I thought I should ask just in case.

Reactions: Maximillan
Tow Hitch for the Y is now on the Australian Tesla shop as 'coming soon'
Good to know the price now to compare to the Stealth Hitch

I’m looking for accessories suggestions as well
My Y purchases after having had a 3 for 9 months:
  1. Jack pads
  2. 12V air pump (plus Supercheap Auto tyre repair kit)
  3. Weather proof floor mats
  4. Boot mat
  5. Fitted windscreen cover
  6. Console organiser
  7. Samsung T7 500Gb HDD (got this during the Prime day sale)
  8. Boot shopping bag holder
Will also be getting a Gtechniq Ceramic Coat and window tints.

Reactions: alliwantisaY
What is the best comprehensive insurance choice for Model Y?
There is already a thread for that topic. Seems most people are finding NRMA the best value at the moment. YMMV.

I'd be interested in good waterproof RHD floor and trunk mats that don't look too ugly.

Depends what you think ugly is. I quite like plain ones over ornate lattice etc.

I have these in my Aliexpress cart with a few other things from this seller but haven't pressed go yet. I'm delaying until some people get to put floor mats in their Y RWD and see what they think.

The other things in my cart are:
Mudflaps (I live semi rural) 21.39US $ 51% OFF|High Quality Matte Black Splash Guards Mud Flaps Mudguards For Tesla Model Y No Need To Drill Holes Model 3 Y Fender Mud Guard - Mudguards - AliExpress
Centre console kits (both consoles) 8.37US $ 55% OFF|Upgrade For Tesla Model 3 Y Nov. 2021 Before Central Armrest Storage Box Organizer Center Console Flocking Abs Organizer - Stowing Tidying - AliExpress
Underseat Storage box 23.84US $ 54% OFF|Under Seat Storage Box For Tesla Model Y Under Front Driver Seat Organizer Tray Flocking Abs Original Custom Box Accessories - Stowing Tidying - AliExpress
Door cubby liners (undecided on the need for this one) 17.88US $ 50% OFF|Door Side Storage Box Door Handle Armrest Tray Organizer For Tesla 2016~2021 Model 3 2021 2020 Model Y Front Rear Door 4pcs/set - Stowing Tidying - AliExpress

Reactions: skyworxx
Has anyone ordered and received anything yet from AliExpress? Ive got my first item on order now but this is another that caught my eye.

AU $82.22 53%OFF | 2 Packs Portable Front Rear Trunk Storage Bag for Tesla Model 3 Model Y 2016-2022 Oxford Inner Waterproof Organizer with Straps

Has anyone ordered and received anything yet from AliExpress? Ive got my first item on order now but this is another that caught my eye.

AU $82.22 53%OFF | 2 Packs Portable Front Rear Trunk Storage Bag for Tesla Model 3 Model Y 2016-2022 Oxford Inner Waterproof Organizer with Straps

Aliexpress standard shipping usually takes 4-6 weeks to reach Oz. There is usually some options so that you can upgrade shipping to get things faster but they vary in value.
I thought about getting something like that but decided that most things I want to keep cool will go in the boot where the aircon can also assist in keeping cool. I saw them for a similar price in the store that I'm going to get my stuff from 57.27US $ 52% OFF|For Tesla Model Y Frunk Cooler Organizer Insulation Bag Front Trunk Storage Organizers For Tesla Model 3 Insulated Cooler Bag - Stowing Tidying - AliExpress
However if you're going to use them for storing things and just after the custom shape then could suit your purposes for that.
I'm trying to hold off from ordering anything until the RWD Y first ship people can try stuff out and see what they think as I have until November.

Reactions: joseph.luppino
Aliexpress standard shipping usually takes 4-6 weeks to reach Oz. There is usually some options so that you can upgrade shipping to get things faster but they vary in value.
I thought about getting something like that but decided that most things I want to keep cool will go in the boot where the aircon can also assist in keeping cool. I saw them for a similar price in the store that I'm going to get my stuff from 57.27US $ 52% OFF|For Tesla Model Y Frunk Cooler Organizer Insulation Bag Front Trunk Storage Organizers For Tesla Model 3 Insulated Cooler Bag - Stowing Tidying - AliExpress
However if you're going to use them for storing things and just after the custom shape then could suit your purposes for that.
I'm trying to hold off from ordering anything until the RWD Y first ship people can try stuff out and see what they think as I have until November.
I dont think I would use them often as a dedicated "cooler" but I think its a great idea for grab and go bags for supermarket etc. I was looking at the frunk covers but thought this could be a more practical solution to just a big padded liner

Has anyone ordered and received anything yet from AliExpress?
I have ordered probably 15-20 accessories for my Model 3 over the past year from AliExpress and it can be a mixed bag. There are many many sellers on the site and some are better than others. Some post faster than others. Some use slower postage methods to lower the price. And even though the products often look identical they can be different. Overall though it’s been generally positive. My biggest issue was getting a rear spoiler sent over. I tried three times with two different sellers and each of them had the spoiler returned to them because Australia Post wouldn’t accept such a large package. I ended up getting one from eBay from a seller who actually knew how to get it here.

I have ordered probably 15-20 accessories for my Model 3 over the past year from AliExpress and it can be a mixed bag. There are many many sellers on the site and some are better than others. Some post faster than others. Some use slower postage methods to lower the price. And even though the products often look identical they can be different. Overall though it’s been generally positive. My biggest issue was getting a rear spoiler sent over. I tried three times with two different sellers and each of them had the spoiler returned to them because Australia Post wouldn’t accept such a large package. I ended up getting one from eBay from a seller who actually knew how to get it here.
Is it worth sharing the AliExpress stores that you have had a good/bad experience with? Seems like a minefield with so many "auto parts" stores, surely there are some better than others.

I have something on order with these guys. Will report back with how it goes.

Pro Car Modification Parts Store

I get my staff in China to buy from Taobao or direct from factories (if they can be found) a lot of them have popped up dedicated to EVs as their market is immense. Taobao being essentially a retail platform has advantages of reviews on retailers and items (there are plenty of fake reviews to validate) and other customers listing the pros and cons.

Most of the online retailers I've I would classify as drop shippers as their pricing is not competitive at all.

I'm about to order another batch, essentially repeating my M3 order for the MY, the smaller stuff can be airshipped and is very competitive on pricing and take about 5-10 business days, larger items like mats or white leather seat covers need to be sea freight (6-8 weeks delivery time) as the cost becomes ridiculous.

I'm based in Sydney and would be happy to proxy if a few people are interested.

Reactions: Quickst and Roat
I get my staff in China to buy from Taobao or direct from factories (if they can be found) a lot of them have popped up dedicated to EVs as their market is immense. Taobao being essentially a retail platform has advantages of reviews on retailers and items (there are plenty of fake reviews to validate) and other customers listing the pros and cons.

Most of the online retailers I've I would classify as drop shippers as their pricing is not competitive at all.

I'm about to order another batch, essentially repeating my M3 order for the MY, the smaller stuff can be airshipped and is very competitive on pricing and take about 5-10 business days, larger items like mats or white leather seat covers need to be sea freight (6-8 weeks delivery time) as the cost becomes ridiculous.

I'm based in Sydney and would be happy to proxy if a few people are interested.
Thanks for the insight.

Have you bought any RHD Model Y floor mats? I'm finding it difficult to find ones that I can safely buy on Aliexpress.