Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Accessories for Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I'm not sure i'd get the Phone mount. If you're doing it for navigation the Tesla native navigation is fine. I bought a screen protector for the Model 3 a few years ago but never installed it, screen glare doesn't really seem to be a issue.

But yeah about mud flaps I installed them after seeing how much got flicked up and it seems to make a nice job.

Probably the best investment was to get all-weather rubber car mats and boot liner. It's really easy to clean out, just take it out and wash it with a hose.

That and roof screens, in summer in Australia you can feel that heat.

Has anyone tried to order the Tow Hitch from the Tesla Shop for the Model Y? I have tried but it comes up that I don't have a suitable vehicle for it, even though I have now paid for it and booked a delivery date. Hoping I can order asap.

How does installation work? Is that triangular hole it fits into already there? If so, what is the purpose of the hole?

(Still waiting for my MY, but I do find the builtin grocery hooks in my current car useful, so I'd like to find a good solution.)

How does installation work? Is that triangular hole it fits into already there? If so, what is the purpose of the hole?

(Still waiting for my MY, but I do find the builtin grocery hooks in my current car useful, so I'd like to find a good solution.)
The triangular hole loops around the rear view mirror for a perfect fit. ALL of the glass ends up being covered.

The shopping hooks works, I wouldn't hang a sack of potatoes off them, but the milk and eggs should be fine.

I received this ppf kit yesterday, but because of massive shipping delays I don't have the time anymore to put it on myself. If anyone wants to buy it off me in Canberra (shipping would be a pain), shoot me a message. It cost me $532 to import altogether and happy to sell at cost.

Ivory's new wheel covers arrived today! No more looking like a late 90's Camry!

20220929_151314-COLLAGE.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Ottmeister
Just received my model Y and in the midst of fitting the accessories, as you do. For those that have fitted a phone mount on the dashboard, how and where did you situate your phone mount. Which USB port did you install the USB cable to. I have an 2Tb SSD in the Glove Box. I've had a go at hiding the cable. It looks like I am going to have to cut out a small spot on the leading edge of timber section of the dash, to get the cable through. Not something I want to do.

Just to clarify, I already have Ramm mounts from previous vehicles and am planning to use them. the suction disk is holding well to the back of the screen. The phone will sit in a wireless mount that I have modified to suit the Ramm mount.
VENTMOUNT Qi - Wireless Charging Universal Vent Mount
This works very well and adds 15watts to the phone.

I pulled the timber section off the Instrument Panel (IP). Behind the screen I can see a smallish hole, I can pass the cable down and get it to where it needs to go. I was thinking about drilling a hole in the forward centre console storage area, the one with the sliding door. then pass the cable through this hole to enable using one of the USB-C power plugs inside the forward binnacle.

Am I on the right track or is there a better way?
Thank you for your time.

I heard these aftermarket hubs area total pain to take off again, sometimes involves destruction.
I haven't had that issue IF you remove them using the same technique as for removing the Tesla hub caps.

1. Start at one wheel spoke a pop it off with your hands (gloves makes it easier) by pulling it off against the tyre.
  2. Once it has popped off, skip one spoke and repeat step 1 with the next spoke.
  3. Keep repeating all the way around until the hub cap had come off all of the wheel spokes.
  4. The hub cap then easily comes off the wheel hub.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ottmeister
I pulled the timber section off the Instrument Panel (IP). Behind the screen I can see a smallish hole, I can pass the cable down and get it to where it needs to go. I was thinking about drilling a hole in the forward centre console storage area, the one with the sliding door. then pass the cable through this hole to enable using one of the USB-C power plugs inside the forward binnacle.

Am I on the right track or is there a better way?
Thank you for your time.

Mine hasn't arrived yet (Y or phone mount) but I'll be drawing power from the OBD port to power the 15W charger

Mine hasn't arrived yet (Y or phone mount) but I'll be drawing power from the OBD port to power the 15W charger
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004132116159.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.d1801802PMjZdv
I have looked at those and the other in-dash speedo displays. The thing is, the OBD port is located at the rear of the centre console. You still have to route the cabling up to the dash. Getting the cabling down through the dash is the essence of my question.

The Tesla UMC has been out of stock for awhile but it's just come back in stock BUT it seems to be maybe old AUS stock???

It says that is 8/12amp.

So a friend who has a late July order but EDD is late October needs to buy a UMC for charging and has been waiting for them to come back in stock. They rang Tesla to see what the go is with the description saying 8/12amps and asked if it's the normal version that can be upgraded with software to 10/15amps and the person they spoke to said "no, these aren't the ones we normally sell and can't be software updated"

1. do you think the Tesla person was correct? They have been known to just say random stuff before
2. would you buy it and hope it can be updated?
3. where is this UMC from? Maybe old Aus stock from ages ago? Did they used to come in 8/12 in Australia?
4. would you still buy it if you knew that it was only 8/12amps and could trick charge 20% slower
5. would you just go buy a 3rd party solution instead like Portable Charger Single Phase (7kW 32A) - EVchargers - EV cables and adaptors and get the additional 10 and 15 amp tails.

Last edited:
I have looked at those and the other in-dash speedo displays. The thing is, the OBD port is located at the rear of the centre console. You still have to route the cabling up to the dash. Getting the cabling down through the dash is the essence of my question.
After watching the installation video
my assumption of the wiring is incorrect. Given it is an LHD video you plug/piggyback the cable into another plug beside the Drivers door.