Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Accessories for Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed a little media center computer in my Model Y:

With the main purpose being to entertain the kid on long drives. We have used a tablet before, but guess what happens after an episode ends? Kid freaks out. So we needed a way to control the back screen from the passenger seat. We used several remote desktop apps before, but they all relied on wifi or hotspots and were just a pain to use. So a better, more direct solution was required.

The setup consists of a mini pc (MeLE Quieter3C Intel Celeron N5105 ) that is powered from the 12v socket in the rear bin. Two touch screens, one 8" and one 10.5" from Waveshare for input and viewing. The 8" one fits perfectly into the front bin as long as you modify the casing for the wires to come underneath, rather than the side. The cables go underneath the trim and come out on the driverside to then feed back into the rear bin. Would be neater if I drilled a hole in the back bin to get the cables out, but I wanted to avoid that. With the lid closed, you can barely see the wires anyway.

Software-wise, the pc runs Windows 11 with Jellyfin as a media server and Chrome configured to autostart in Kiosk mode to access the library. I am running FreeFileSync and their watcher script to monitor a folder on my NAS and any new files are directly copied onto a 1TB SSD inside the media center pc. Jellyfin then picks them up automatically and pull the cover art.

The 12v socket on the car turns off when it goes to sleep, so the pc is configured to hibernate after 10 minutes of inactivity. It is also configured via the bios to boot once power is restored and it only takes a few seconds for the system to start once the car is turned on.

Accessories I've planned on getting for an Australian order due FEB 2023. MYSR Black 20"

From Tesla
Tesla Gen 3 Wall Connector 7.3m $750 AUD + Installation Fee
Key Fob $235 AUD
Key Band $30 AUD
Glass Roof Sunshade $170 AUD
Center Console Trays $30 AUD
Trunk Storage Bins $ 120 AUD

Aftermarket
PPF Matte Wrap $3,068.74 USD. Self install. I've done a few and honestly they're not too hard with some patience.
Teslarati Mud Flaps $49.95 USD. Set of 4. Front and Back
Rim/Curb Protectors ~$15 AUD for a 8m strip from Ali express
Spigen Matte Screen Protector $100 AUD
Spigen Magsafe Car Mount $90 AUD

Undecided
Rear Trunk / Front Trunk / Rear Well / Floor mats - OEM or aftermarket? I hear 3D MAXpider's are amazing but they'll be a tad more expensive. Tesla doesn't offer All-Weather Driver/Passenger and Rear floor mats as yet - a shame.

Definitely not getting these but has anyone actually used calliper covers? Heaps of aftermarket products out there. Thoughts?
Hi Thera,
How did you go with the PPF? How were you able to get that to ship to Aus? I visited the site and they only ship to US and Canada, unless I've gone to the wrong store.

My model Y coming next week.

Looking for roof rack. Tell shop is out of order.

Any recommendations?
Hey man, why not try TESERY Tesla roof rack? We focus on Tesla accessories, and we provide OEM MY roof racks. You visit the product page through this link to learn more details: Tesla Model Y Roof Rack Aluminum Cargo Cross Bars (Set of 2) Tesla Model 3 & Model Y

Some pictures of the product:
tesla roof rack 49.jpg

5CC358FB-843E-4FBD-9F46-1530F814112D.jpeg

73AE932B-B140-480D-A28A-1FBD4A24F7C4.jpeg

There are some basic accessories that are essential for any Tesla Model Y owner. Best Tesla Model Y accessories include a tempered film, Tesla Model Y phone holder and so on. While there are many other great accessories on the market, these three are the ones we think are absolutely essential.You can buy them from Tesery.com.
Here's a blog to tell you more: Top 10 Best Tesla Model Y Accessories in 2022
View Accessories Picture:
1672308848369.png
1672308676043.png
1672308712471.png
1672308730092.png

I just discovered that being unduly enthusiastic when on leave results in some questionable purchases. I am not, however, disappointed with the Y model accessories I purchased online and I didn't even get so much as a raised brow from my better half when I nonchalantly mentioned I've just gone back for thirds. Got most of the below from local webstore Tessories and no complaints with their products or customer service - chatted with Joel who runs it and seems like a decent chap who'll do the righty. I have some boot storage bins, front trunk liner, boot liner and lower boot linger on the way.

tempImage8tIkPX.jpg

O' to have such an understanding partner! We have a very "adroit" conversation every time this happens! with comments such as "I didn't know that purchasing an $80k car, you would require you to spend $20k on accessories! She does like to embellish the story when having this type of "Discussion" with me, especially in public. As Dad said to me when I was a single man, "A man must pay for his pleasure"

O' to have such an understanding partner! We have a very "adroit" conversation every time this happens! with comments such as "I didn't know that purchasing an $80k car, you would require you to spend $20k on accessories! She does like to embellish the story when having this type of "Discussion" with me, especially in public. As Dad said to me when I was a single man, "A man must pay for his pleasure"

standard 'joke' in our house is "I didn't know you were building it part by part. Is that why your EDD is Jan-March as that is when all the parts will be finished arriving and you'll put it together?" lol!
Thankfully DH buys far more car parts/accessories than I do so it literally is just joking around.

Pretty sure they pay to be allowed to do that, which supports the forum.
When originally started, TMC was entirely volunteer supported, and IIRC ran on a free forum site, but as it grew it became too big for the free site deals and has been moved a number of times to different host sites. As a result the costs to run the site grew as well. Please note that even today Moderators remain unpaid and I don’t think anyone makes a living from this website.
I can confirm that funding for this site is based on contributions from Vendors, who are the only commercial entities able to talk about the goods and services they offer, as well as contributions from Members.
P.S. I am a moderator only and play no role in the administration of the site, this is just my, possibly imperfect, understanding.