Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Advanced Energy Display- Crunch Numbers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Searched around and didn't really find too much information on the new advanced energy display from Tesla. This is something I've personally waited for quite a long a long time to see. I'm one of those that drives and consistently and constantly look at my efficiency and "Since Last Charge" stats in the TRIP tab. Mostly for fun and math games while driving but also to gain a deep understanding of these numbers.

The other day though, I ran into a scenario I could not figure out mathematically.

I charged to 280 miles (96-97%) and started to drive. After some time, I realized that my energy display showed 50 miles consumed, with it being 5 miles in the green (meaning 5 miles less than what was expected to be consumed) This suggests that the system thinks the drive so far has consumed 50 miles instead of what should have been 55.

I then looked at my "Since Last Charge" mileage and expected to see 230 miles range (280 initial - 50 miles consumed). Strangely, the display showed 240 miles leaving me perplexed.

Does anyone whose been as obsessive as I have about the energy stats understand why this is happening, or provide context as to how that's possible? This is the first and ONLY time I've had these #s not matched, and wondering if I'm missing something in my calculations.

Thanks