Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Air Blowers on face

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I still can’t do it. Couple of months in. Has anyone managed to get air blowing directly onto their face (driver side)? If so, could you please show me your airflow graphic. It’s crap. Far worse than the model 3.

Many thanks
how tall are you ? I know taller people complained about the same thing on the M3. Maybe the higher driving position on the MY makes the issue worse?

Reactions: beachmiles
Sounds daft but the location of the vents could mean depending on your height the airflow to your face could be deflected by the steering wheel? I also like air on my face - I have a desk fan blowing on my face now, my mazda was great at blowing at the face my M3 not so much but it still cools me down.

Digital vents bring many advantages, such as highly efficient cooling and heating, especially during preconditioning. Some downsides include lack of targetting the flow precisely like a physical vent. Tesla cars are designed for efficiency and not comfort.

Hello everyone. I've started a thread here that I have spoken to a Tesla tech and they've basically confirmed that 2021 onwards China Model 3's (and maybe the Y's) with the Heat Pumps have this fan issue.

Reactions: UrbanSplash
Hi it's been a few months, has anyone found a definitive solution to this? just received my Y (RHD Australia) and having a similar issue, it really only hits my chin on the max height. Passenger side seems fine.
Best way from my experience is :
1 in order to feel something, select only the main air vents by disabling the windscreen (arrow up) and feet (arrow down) on screen
2 bring the fan speed to at least 5 - 6
3 divide the flow by using two fingers on the stream displayed on screen, then tilting it up slightly

Reactions: boombap