Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Model Y Alpharex Nova Series LED Projector Headlights exclusively available @ T Sportline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TSportline

Global Vendor
Just launched! Model Y Alpharex Nova Series LED Projector Headlights exclusively available from T Sportline.

AlphaRex NOVA-Series LED Projector Headlights for Tesla Model 3 / Y

Alpharex-headlights-tesla-model3y-3_530x@2x.progressive.jpg

Reactions: TwoK4drSi and Du30
1. How do you adjust the headlights, do you have to do it manually or can you still do it through the Tesla screen?
2. Why do you need constant power to the battery for your DRL LED lights when the current OEM headlights doesn't have to do that and seems to be stable?
3. I think my OEM headlights are worth more than $100 trade in value. =/

Reactions: greatauror28
1. How do you adjust the headlights, do you have to do it manually or can you still do it through the Tesla screen?
2. Why do you need constant power to the battery for your DRL LED lights when the current OEM headlights doesn't have to do that and seems to be stable?
3. I think my OEM headlights are worth more than $100 trade in value. =/
1. Manual adjustment of headlights (adjuster mechanism built into headlight housing on the back side)
2. Our headlights have added functionality vs factory lights and the direct power supply is most stable. Keep in mind, Tesla LIN bus and lighting strategy varies over model years, while we have solved all that and have one part/sku for all 3/Y.
3. Maybe sell them on a marketplace. They are not worth much based on ebay prices. We have to refurbish lights which has costs, and sometimes we just recycle them.

Reactions: Ysocal
I see an option to pay for install? Does this include adjusting the headlights for proper height and beam output? I've purchased aftermarket projectors before and they were not aligned properly out of the box; I had to find a level ground that I can project the beam output to on a wall from about 20-25 ft away and adjust each headlight manually. While that was not necessarily difficult to do, it was rather tedious to pull off. Would prefer not to have to do that with these if i'm paying for install.

If these aren't brighter than OEM (which is already plenty bright) the drawbacks of manual adjustability, needing constant 12v power and probably insurance issues might not make it worth the high price. Also for matrix users, once Tesla pushes the update for it then more things to miss out on.

IMO if you're going aftermarket headlights, might as well spend extra and splurge on Teslux Innovations.

Reactions: richyrich
I see an option to pay for install? Does this include adjusting the headlights for proper height and beam output? I've purchased aftermarket projectors before and they were not aligned properly out of the box; I had to find a level ground that I can project the beam output to on a wall from about 20-25 ft away and adjust each headlight manually. While that was not necessarily difficult to do, it was rather tedious to pull off. Would prefer not to have to do that with these if i'm paying for install.
Yes, we calibrate.

If these aren't brighter than OEM (which is already plenty bright) the drawbacks of manual adjustability, needing constant 12v power and probably insurance issues might not make it worth the high price. Also for matrix users, once Tesla pushes the update for it then more things to miss out on.

IMO if you're going aftermarket headlights, might as well spend extra and splurge on Teslux Innovations.

We tested these, posted before and after beam patterns and measure light output in each case. The AlphaRex netted a 33.4% increase in light output vs factory stock Tesla model 3 headlights. You can see the stock vs Alpharex beam patterns here: AlphaRex NOVA-Series LED Projector Headlights for Tesla Model 3 / Y

We tested these, posted before and after beam patterns and measure light output in each case. The AlphaRex netted a 33.4% increase in light output vs factory stock Tesla model 3 headlights. You can see the stock vs Alpharex beam patterns here: AlphaRex NOVA-Series LED Projector Headlights for Tesla Model 3 / Y
Most (if not all) Chinese EVs have very center focused high beam that is not beneficial for actual driving at night. Tesla OEM high beam is very good since it provides very wide side to side coverage as well as bright center.
This aftermarket has very bright center, but the rest of the light distribution is very spotty and looks like glare than evenly distributed uniform light coverage by OEM Tesla headlight output.
This garage test is not ideal since we don't drive in the garage where light out put is measured at the headlight or 3 feet in front of it.
You need to find dark country road with no street light and test both like Bjørn does with his headlight test on his YouTube channel.

I checked out the Teslux Innovations headlight, but I don't think it is not that different than Tsportline product.
It has blacked out bezel with added RGB color changing strips at the bottom, and also I think you still need to connect it to the 12V constant (please correct me if I am wrong).
The difference is this one keeps the factory projector and matrix capability (again, please correct me if I am wrong again).
So, basically, you pay almost $2k for added RGB led bar inside with blacked out bazel.