Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Alternatives?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case people haven’t seen it there’s a review/test drive of the Polestar2 here:

I test drove the Mach e the other day. It wasn't good. Headroom was much less than model y. The cameras are not high resolution. Software was not refined. Wasn't comfortable or felt high tech at all. Y is way better .. the range on mach e is also laughable.
And Mach-E trunk is tiny. But everyone on YT who’s hungry for clicks would pick any other EVs over Tesla. Because that’s what gets those views. It’s no longer cool to praise Tesla. Trashing tesla = good. And then you have Bank of America analyst saying Ford/GM would overtake Tesla in 3 years and Tesla market share would drop to 11%. I don’t even know how that is mathmatically possible when Tesla will be pumping out 3M+ cars a year by then. But in any case, competition is good but Model Y checks off so many boxes right now it is very hard to beat, and obviously majority agrees given the crazy backlog.

Reactions: nate704
I have a Tesla MYP and a Mach e (soon 2 of them).

All my family feel MME is more roomy I'm first row. The trunk space is clearly smaller than model Y, but anyone call it tiny must be joking. Range is quite good. My SR RWD version gets about 245. My soon be here ER should have close to 300, while I get 270 in MYP.

Software is not refined and OTA almost never come. And performance is nowhere near my MYP. But there are many nice features, including headlights way better than the so called matrix headlights on MYP.

If I have to get rid of one of them, likely will be MYP... I bought it mostly for supercharger network for road trips.

• Informative
Reactions: sckor and sleepydoc
At one point during these crazy prices I could have made a $10-$15k profit on my car. (Notionally, as I never pulled the trigger on it.) I couldn’t find anything else I’d want to drive that would give me everything the MYLR7 does. Rivian was probably the closest but even with putting that much down it’s still out of my range since I only paid about $60k for the MY late last year. And I can’t get one for years.

GV60 looks nice but no third row and not sure on availability. Polestar 3 same. Not a huge fan of the EV6 and Ioniq 5 styling, and no third row. Mach-E not available either, having recall concerns, no third row..

As others have said, every forum post (outside of TMC) that says the word Tesla has to bash them for “build quality” for V11, for a spartan interior.. etc, but for the money you do (did, I suppose..) get quite a lot.