TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model Y and CyberTruck Ordered

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by LasVegas2019, Jan 8, 2020.

1. LasVegas2019

LasVegas2019 Member

So I pulled the trigger on both the Y and the Cyber today by placing orders. I miss my X and have been waiting for the right vehicles to meet my needs. These two will do it. I hope. Also have a Mach E reservation just in case I dont like the Y.

• Like x 4
  2. vinny84

vinny84 Member

Congrats!

Same here. Ordered MY and CT. Will sell my MX 75D when MY is ready.

• Like x 2
  3. computerchuck

computerchuck Supporting Member

Same here. Congrats. I think you’ll like the MY more than the Ford by a mile.

• Like x 1
  4. canbonbon

canbonbon Member

Just out of curiosity, what issues you have with your Model X that you are waiting for Y? I am still debating one over the other.

5. vinny84

vinny84 Member

#5 vinny84, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    I wish I had 100D for the extra range over 75D. Road trips are taking longer due to slow charge rate. I also like the new suspension in Raven. Other than this no issues.

Since I already ordered CT, I figured I will get MY and sell MX this year before the used prices goes further down next year. My wife will get MY after I get CT.

With MY I will use low wh/m. Very close to M3. And up to 250kw charge rate. I like the landscape center screen.

In my opinion the MY and CT are priced right. Plus NJ now offers $5k tax credit for EVs under $55k. :)

• Like x 2
  6. yerEVan

yerEVan Member

Did the Jersey bill go through? Is it official?

7. vinny84

vinny84 Member

Word on the street is it will pass in next week.

8. streetskooler

streetskooler Member

I'm in NJ too and debating over whether to get CT or MY. I have model 3 now but need a larger family vehicle & can't afford a new model X. So I could wait until on the MX & see where the used prices fall in the next 1.5 years or so or get CT or MY. I am worried that the language in the NJ law says the MSRP must be below $55k. Well a white Model Y AWD 7 seater is $55k not under so i'm not sure if it will qualify. Also the cyber truck might be classified as a medium duty truck and not light duty so that also might not qualify for the rebate. I don't need a huge truck but the value for the money it offers I don't think can be beat.

• Like x 2