Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y and dog guards/dog mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Creating a thread to consolidate pics/info on dog guards and boot covers for the model Y. Will add a pick of my saluki in the boot later on.

I've gone with a well priced boot cover from Amazon (was £25 when I bought it) https://amzn.to/3vJZtJ7

Only found one dog guard so far (not yet available) Guardsman - Tesla Model Y Dog Guard – 2021 onwards (Part no.G1622) (guardsmandogguards.co.uk)

IMG_3183.jpeg
, I've stuck 2 pieces of velcro either side (comes with the mat) to hold the sides up, but looks good and folds over the bumper.

IMG_3182.jpeg

and pics of dog in the boot, she is pretty tall, her head would be just below my hip, jeans pocket height if she was stood next to me. Might need to stick the cover down a bit more! She is scared of cars, hence the forlorn look!
IMG_3185.jpeg

IMG_3186.jpeg

I have a Model Y on order, and I'm looking for a boot liner. I've used Hatchbag for previous cars, but they don't currently have one available for the Y.

Did you look at any other options?

Lovely dog, is that a Saluki? My parents have a Saluki/greyhound cross.

I had a box from dt boxes for my Ford ranger previously - it was perfect as I have a very anxious rescue dog who has no respect for car interiors and can escape pretty much any crate.

On receiving my model y I reached out to the guys at DT Boxes who came up with this dog crate custom made for the model y. I do also have the guardsman guard for when I need a little extra boot space, but thought I would share the dtboxes option on this forum as it was the first place I came to when searching for the best way to protect my vegan leather late last month 😂

92843B2F-602C-48C3-A197-4477AFDF7AB1.jpeg

Attachments

• D8A52065-7F28-471B-9787-0DAA094C2DFF.jpeg
    D8A52065-7F28-471B-9787-0DAA094C2DFF.jpeg
    670.9 KB · Views: 155
I had a box from dt boxes for my Ford ranger previously - it was perfect as I have a very anxious rescue dog who has no respect for car interiors and can escape pretty much any crate.

On receiving my model y I reached out to the guys at DT Boxes who came up with this dog crate custom made for the model y. I do also have the guardsman guard for when I need a little extra boot space, but thought I would share the dtboxes option on this forum as it was the first place I came to when searching for the best way to protect my vegan leather late last month 😂

View attachment 797347
Thank you for posting this. I have a tall Standard Poodle and wonder if she'd fit in this DT box. Would you mind telling me the box dimensions. My dog is 38" long so I feel she'd be too big for something like this. Thank you.

View attachment 797347

Can you give more info on your experience with DT Boxes in your model Y? I noticed this picture you shared is the one they have on their page. How big of a dog can fit in that single crate? Is there anything securing the crate?

I have a Model Y on order, and I'm looking for a boot liner. I've used Hatchbag for previous cars, but they don't currently have one available for the Y.

They do, debating getting it myself.

This is the solution I use. It's a GYC 04PF (4 doors) from doghealth.co.uk and at present costs £75.95. Shown here without the included but optional divider. I've attached foam and tape at the top rear corners of the cage and covered the corresponding piece of the tailgate either side of the window with black velour fablon (from Hobbycraft) just to ensure that it doesn't mark the tailgate should it not be quite central when the tailgate is closed as it's fairly snug but does utilise the maximum space available to give your dog maximum room. I find this works very well and have used this cage in my last three vehicles over many miles. When not in use this cage folds flat to about 10cm thickness and is easy to store and carry.
Model Y Dog Cage 1.JPG
Model Y Dog Cage 4.JPG

Hi, I wondered what liner you went for and what your thoughts were? I'm trawling the net to look for options atm. TIA