Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y And The iPhone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jimt29

2020 Tesla Model Y LR AWD, MSM/Black
Aug 13, 2015
Warwick, RI
In iPhone Settings/Bluetooth there is “Tesla Model Y Jim T” Not Connected.

Does anyone know what might be affected by that?

The iPhone Tesla app seems to work ok and the phone Key works ok.

My iPhone shows this too for my Model Y , displays Tesla Model Y YADUCK Not Connected. This has got to be the BT connection for BT audio. See if it shows Connected to the vehicle for phone calls and streaming audio when you are in the Model Y.

Reactions: Jimt29

The BT connection used to enable the phone key through the Tesla app is separate from the standard BT connection used for phone audio, which is what you're seeing in the settings menu.

Reactions: Jimt29
The app is still connected to the car through WiFi/Cellular connection? That’s why you can still track the car even though it could be miles away. Bluetooth is a nearby connection only.
That's something separate altogether. The app connects to the car over the air to allow you remote access. When you're near the car, it connects over BT to activate the phone key. Once you're inside and the car is on, you get the audio connection.

I have issues that when I get into the car it doesn't recognize the BT and I have to keep touching the BT icon and bring up the page and reconnect my iPhone????

Also, the heater stays on when I leave the vehicle?
Is it ok to leave a key card in the glove box for valet use
Thank you

i had the car lock when i took it into the tire shop and left the key in the car. it still locked when the phone app and i left its vicinity. the shop was not happy.
so the card in the glove box is probably a no worries thing.

Thanksjdr93, I didn't think it should be an issue.
The heater not shutting off when I get out is a problem, and the phone not connecting all the time is a bit of a disappoitment.

After you set up your phone you have to go to locks, choose your profile the click the little person icon beside your “key” that you are using. Then it will always go to that phone and profile. It should show your profile name beside the key name.

Thanksjdr93, I didn't think it should be an issue.
The heater not shutting off when I get out is a problem, and the phone not connecting all the time is a bit of a disappoitment.
My car did this today as well. I think it's related to turning on the climate control before entering the car. Today I turned on the heat before I put my kids in. I took them to school and went home. When I got out and closed the door I noticed the car was making more "noise" than usual, so I opened the app to see if anything was happening. The app opened directly to the climate screen and showed that the heat was still on full. I turned it off with the app and all was good.

I have pre-heated/cooled the car before and it did not stay on after driving, so I'm not sure if this was a fluke or if something is wrong. This is the first time I've pre-conditioned the car with my new phone though, so that may be a clue (previous iPhone X, current iPhone 12 Pro).

My car did this today as well. I think it's related to turning on the climate control before entering the car. Today I turned on the heat before I put my kids in. I took them to school and went home. When I got out and closed the door I noticed the car was making more "noise" than usual, so I opened the app to see if anything was happening. The app opened directly to the climate screen and showed that the heat was still on full. I turned it off with the app and all was good.

I have pre-heated/cooled the car before and it did not stay on after driving, so I'm not sure if this was a fluke or if something is wrong. This is the first time I've pre-conditioned the car with my new phone though, so that may be a clue (previous iPhone X, current iPhone 12 Pro).

Thanks Volt for your reply. I am keeping an eye on this and I am getting paranoid that I make sure I turn the climate off when I leave the car. I do pre heat the car also.. Thanks again